• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Mothercare in South of England/London?

DJ79

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where there is a big mothercare? Every one we've been to so far has been smallish and not much choice in trialling prams or many cots to look at.

We are in Bristol but willing to travel!

Bluewater shopping centre. Probably lakeside shopping centre in Essex has one.

Have you tried kiddicare shops as well? They're massive and have a much bigger selection. There's a massive one in the retail park next to the lakeside centre.

The mothercare website says what each store provides in terms of services, if you find one that offers lots of services (car seat fitting, bra fitting, maternity clothes, etc etc) then chances are it's a big store??

The largest one in London is the one in Edmonton, the other large one just near London is Weybridge.

Kiddicare stores all closed in September apart from the original Peterborough one as Kiddicare was losing money.

Lakeside mothercare is pretty small. Also kiddicare closed down about a year ago. Only other baby shops in lakeside are mamas and papas and a little independent shop. I wouldn't really recommend travelling to lakeside especially.

There's a really big Mothercare in Kew Retail Park and another big one in Purley Way, Croydon.

Purley Way is good because there's also a big Mamas & Papas and a large Kiddicare store there.

Kew is where my hubby works :) it's a good store but Edmonton is 30,000 sq ft.

Croydon one is smaller than it use to be now and there's no Kiddicare any more either.

Oh but Kew is waaaaay easier to get to from Bristol, given you come straight up the m4.

Kew is where my hubby works :) it's a good store but Edmonton is 30,000 sq ft.

Croydon one is smaller than it use to be now and there's no Kiddicare any more either.

Blimey, Kiddicare only opened there a couple of years ago.

Yep they all closed apart from the original Peterborough one last September, Morrisions sold them off due to financial difficulties. My DH worked in the Hayes Kiddicare before then, they were only open just over a year.

The one by me bluewater has a pretty large range of prams/car seats/cots etc x

The mothercare on the retail park of lakeside is reasonably big, if your Bristol way is there not a big one a bit north of you? Like Birmingham - I know further but you could make a weekend of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->