BIG TIME Under weight....

Hi, I am exactly the same. I'm 5'2 and weigh 102lbs. That makes my BMI 18.4 which classes me as underweight. I eat like there's no tomorrow and I only ever seem to lose weight. If you ever want to talk just send me a pm :)

Really? Ya me being 84 lbs at 5'2 is so depressing:cry:...my 9 month old puppy weighs more than I do! :cry: Anyway ya my BMI is 15.2 and I eat like a cow...24/7 and its not like little things either! Its so frustrating when your thinking man I know I must have gain something and then you weigh and then its like the same or less. EERRR.:growlmad: What's your name btw? And thanks for your help love!:hugs:

It's Becki. I get most frustrated with people assuming that I must have some sort of eating problems because of my frame. I used to be a size 8 quite comfortably although that was as big as I ever got pre preg. I went to a size 10 after giving birth and I was so happy but my ex abused me mentally and was always telling me I was fat and should lose weight. And unfortunately I listened to him and starved myself pretty much for a very long time. I am now a tiny size 4/6 UK size and nothing I do makes me any bigger. I am currently wearing a pair of size 6 jeans but they are too big around the waist. I have been to the doctors and they have pretty much just said that for my height I'm about right in weight so they won't give me anything :shrug:

Becki! OMG I know what you mean! Everyone assumes I'm some anorexic or something. I was even sent to a ED facility outta state in OK bc this doc of mine was like your too tiny so im sending you away or I'm calling CPS on your mom. I was like WTF?! It was awful but I went and just kinda went through it all like the classes and I'm kinda glad I did bc teachers heard that I had to go through that and I got asked to speak at all the health classes in high schools and so on. I also help treat one of my teachers daughter who was battling anorexia and I have a lot of knowledge about ED so I go out and try and help others.....buttttt it kills me when ppl look at me and they are like oh man she is so anorexic. eeerrrr. When you just shared with me that your ex was mentally abusive and so therefore you starved yourself made me tear up:cry: I hate that and that you had to go through that. I'm here for you girl:hugs: I've been through a lot with guys. From mentally, physically, verbally, and raped. PM me anytime you wanna talk or vent! Oh well get this...in jeans 00's DONT FIT. thats so sad. BUTTTT guess what...I gained 2 lbs! I'm now 86 and I am sooo happy! still a long way to go but I'm actually gaining!!! :happydance::happydance::flower:

Hi im similar too, im 115lb right now and 5 foot 10. Baby is 6 months old and weight is falling off. After my first I went down to 92lb which was down right scary, I was in hospital on a high fat diet and still losing weight:nope:
I was diagnosed with a mild hyperthyroid but even with that treated the weight does not stay on and I hate it!
My husband who massively supportive though he is refers to me as looking like a teenage boy and absolutely everyone assumes I have anorexia, even when im sat next to them eating!:cry:
However one thing I will say is that Ive managed to conceive 3 times very easily and although preemies they have been good weights and I have breastfed them all:thumbup:
I would love to know this wonder pill too please:flower:
And bexy:hugs:
Amyx

You're 5'10 and on ly 115? WOW! See I'm wondering if I should ask my docs to check for the Hyperthyroid issue....ya for being 5'10 hunni 92 lbs is so dangerous. I woulda been terrified! I used to have to be NG tube fed....and then it lead to where I have to have a feeding button placed in my stomach and had to have a picc line placed to give me meds. I thankfully do not have not have the stomach gbutton anymore and I havent NG tubed in forever. Yeah my hub is really supportive too! My parents on the other hand make it really hard on me bc my mom said that my dad was put on depression and anxiety pills bc of my health. I also have been battling Heart Disease...and plus with my weight my mom said he is afraid whenever he wake ups in the morning that I won't be alive. It's unreal. I also have severe osteoporosis...high risk for fracture for anyting I do so basically I have to live in fear...What would happen if i accidently trip and fall....ya know? Idk...I'm a mess thats so sure. I have gained 2 lbs tho!! Up to 86.2....I'm so excited! A long way to go but hey its worth it and I hate being stared at like im some anorexic and starve myself to look like this. Some people just don't get it. Well you are like my miracle/inspiration!:hugs: The pill I'm on is called Zyprexa. PPl usually get put on it for mood or stuff like that but my doc was like a lot of ppl kept saying how it made them gain weight so he was like hmm lets try you on this and it helped my friend too!!! Start off on 5mg and then in a couple of days i increased to 10mg. I'm telling you, it worked for my friend and me! It's worth a short beby! :thumbup: If you everrrr wanna chat more PM me and I can chat forever and about anything :winkwink::winkwink:

Thanks for all your help Becki:hugs:

I have also been trying to gain weight. Used to be 7.5stone and 5foot6 (sorry don't know lbs). Ate like a horse and couldn't gain. Size 4 uk. Fell pregnant and gained 1.5 stone and so far the weight has stayed on. Not much help for you as it's a bit of a no win situation as I understand you want to gain before TTC, but just wanted to let you know your not alone and hope you gain the weight you want soon Hun x

I'm sorry but idk what stones mean..like when you say you used to be 7.5stone...what does that mean? Jean size 00 are big on me! That is depressing. Thanks for sharing your story with me me and letting me know im not alone! means a lot to me.:hugs:

Just googled it and 7.5 stone is 105lbs. I'm now a size 8-10 uk and hope to keep the weight on. Thank you for the friend request btw, here if you wanna chat x

Hi im similar too, im 115lb right now and 5 foot 10. Baby is 6 months old and weight is falling off. After my first I went down to 92lb which was down right scary, I was in hospital on a high fat diet and still losing weight:nope:
I was diagnosed with a mild hyperthyroid but even with that treated the weight does not stay on and I hate it!
My husband who massively supportive though he is refers to me as looking like a teenage boy and absolutely everyone assumes I have anorexia, even when im sat next to them eating!:cry:
However one thing I will say is that Ive managed to conceive 3 times very easily and although preemies they have been good weights and I have breastfed them all:thumbup:
Amyx

You're 5'10 and on ly 115? WOW! See I'm wondering if I should ask my docs to check for the Hyperthyroid issue....ya for being 5'10 hunni 92 lbs is so dangerous. I woulda been terrified! I used to have to be NG tube fed....and then it lead to where I have to have a feeding button placed in my stomach and had to have a picc line placed to give me meds. I thankfully do not have not have the stomach gbutton anymore and I havent NG tubed in forever. Yeah my hub is really supportive too! My parents on the other hand make it really hard on me bc my mom said that my dad was put on depression and anxiety pills bc of my health. I also have been battling Heart Disease...and plus with my weight my mom said he is afraid whenever he wake ups in the morning that I won't be alive. It's unreal. I also have severe osteoporosis...high risk for fracture for anyting I do so basically I have to live in fear...What would happen if i accidently trip and fall....ya know? Idk...I'm a mess thats so sure. I have gained 2 lbs tho!! Up to 86.2....I'm so excited! A long way to go but hey its worth it and I hate being stared at like im some anorexic and starve myself to look like this. Some people just don't get it. Well you are like my miracle/inspiration!:hugs: The pill I'm on is called Zyprexa. PPl usually get put on it for mood or stuff like that but my doc was like a lot of ppl kept saying how it made them gain weight so he was like hmm lets try you on this and it helped my friend too!!! Start off on 5mg and then in a couple of days i increased to 10mg. I'm telling you, it worked for my friend and me! It's worth a short beby! :thumbup: If you everrrr wanna chat more PM me and I can chat forever and about anything :winkwink::winkwink:

hugs x

congrats on the 2lb gain!

Amyx

hugs x

congrats on the 2lb gain!

Thanks that stone thing was driving me crazy cause I had noooo clue what everyone was talking about. Now what do you mean by your 8 uk....what does UK mean?

A uk 8 is a clothes size in the uk. Its equal to a us size 4:thumbup: well done for your gain too!

A uk 8 is a clothes size in the uk. Its equal to a us size 4:thumbup: well done for your gain too!

:dohh: Ohhh LOL!!!! Thanks Amy!!! Ya well I think my gain might be bc of something other than the pills! eek!

HI Ashes, I feel your pain. I'm 5'6 and weigh 96 lbs. My wieght has not changed in 6 years now, i'm 30. The rest of my faimly are all bigger, my sister who is 2 years younger is 186lb snad just found out she is 6 weeks preggo. I eat and have had all the test done, I am told I am just this way. My dad is thin so it is genetic, I am hoping that if I get pregnant I will gain some weight and it stays. I have regular periods so I don't think its affecting my system at all. I might try the protien drinks, thats one thing I haven't done yet. Good luck with your weight gain!

HI Ashes, I feel your pain. I'm 5'6 and weigh 96 lbs. My wieght has not changed in 6 years now, i'm 30. The rest of my faimly are all bigger, my sister who is 2 years younger is 186lb snad just found out she is 6 weeks preggo. I eat and have had all the test done, I am told I am just this way. My dad is thin so it is genetic, I am hoping that if I get pregnant I will gain some weight and it stays. I have regular periods so I don't think its affecting my system at all. I might try the protien drinks, thats one thing I haven't done yet. Good luck with your weight gain!

Hey girl! Thank you for replying to my thread! Wow...5'6 and 96 lbs?! Ya I'm actually gaining weight! I'm on a pill that puts weight on me very well! It's called Zyprexa and it's a miracle drug! I went from 86lbs to 94.4lbs in less then 2 weeks! I bought the drink Ensure plus but its hard for me to drink it cause its so thick and im lactose...But yea my dad is thin and I'm the only one who is thinner and underweight. My 18yr old sis weighs way more than me! I was told maybe Im just a tiny person since my dad is and his side of the family is. I hope you are going to get your BFP soon!!! How long have you and your OH been TTC? If you are wanting to gain weight maybe you should ask your doc about Zyprexa...It really has helped me sooo much! I want to make sure I have gained for when me and my Hub are readdy to TTC! Thats great that you have regular periods! Idk if my are regular yet or not...can't get off the BCP yet lol. Thank you for your advice!:hugs:
Best of luck and baby dust!!!:dust::dust::dust:

No advice just :hugs:

I was extremely underweight when I got pregnant.. 125lbs at 6'1

My doc told me I needed to gain extra weight to make up for it, which I have, and everything seems to be going good.

I dont know how to gain weight properly without a baby inside me, Ive been very very underweight my entire life because of body issues, but somehow now that I'm pregnant that doesn't seem to matter as much as my babies health. Dont get me wrong, I still look in the mirror some days and FREAK lol.

anyways sorry for my whole life story, just good luck hun xx

PS the only thing I did while underweight was drink Ensure plus weight management (extra calories) but this didnt seem to help.

Hi there
I have absolutely NO experience needing to gain weight. I've battled with my weight in the other direction my entire life. But as I'm reading your posts here, some thoughts entered my head. What about if you committed yourself to eating a very healthy but very high fat diet. Something like this:

Breakfast:
2 cups whole milk
Bagel & peanut butter
Hard boiled egg

Snack:
1 avocado
Handful of almonds
meal replacement drink

Lunch:
Fettucini Alfredo

Dinner:
Chicken
Salad with full fat dressing
Rice

Dessert:
Ice cream

Thoughts?
What if you just packed your diet full of healthy and high fat foods. Try and get many snacks in during the day, and stick to nuts, avocado, nut butters, carbs, meal replacement drinks, etc.

Hi Capital Chick, thanks for the advice. I did try calorie counting last summer, for 2 months, and I didn't gain nothing, and I was eating between 2500 to 3000 calories a day (if i remember right). I may try it again but my weight has been stable for the last 6 years now, so i'm not sure if its what its suppose to be or if aging will help, I'll be turning 31 this summer.

My doc told me I needed to gain extra weight to make up for it, which I have, and everything seems to be going good.

I dont know how to gain weight properly without a baby inside me, Ive been very very underweight my entire life because of body issues, but somehow now that I'm pregnant that doesn't seem to matter as much as my babies health. Dont get me wrong, I still look in the mirror some days and FREAK lol.

PS the only thing I did while underweight was drink Ensure plus weight management (extra calories) but this didnt seem to help.

Hey girl! I'm actually gaining some weight being on the pills and I have had way too many Ensure PLus drinks! Ugh I was forcefed to drink those. You mean ED by body image? I know the road. You don't need to look in the mirror and freak I see your avatar and your gorgeous!!! Congrats on being preggo too! Thats really exciting!Do you have any names picked out?

Hi there
I have absolutely NO experience needing to gain weight. I've battled with my weight in the other direction my entire life. But as I'm reading your posts here, some thoughts entered my head. What about if you committed yourself to eating a very healthy but very high fat diet. Something like this:

Breakfast:
2 cups whole milk
Bagel & peanut butter
Hard boiled egg

Snack:
1 avocado
Handful of almonds
meal replacement drink

Lunch:
Fettucini Alfredo

Dinner:
Chicken
Salad with full fat dressing
Rice

Dessert:
Ice cream

Thoughts?
What if you just packed your diet full of healthy and high fat foods. Try and get many snacks in during the day, and stick to nuts, avocado, nut butters, carbs, meal replacement drinks, etc.

Wow thats incredible!! Thank you so much for your help and I will definitely be doing that! Ive been trying ensure plus again but Im lactose and milks and such upset my stomach :cry: But I do eat icecream and I love Fettecuini Alfrado and Avacado and nuts like crazy! I dropped down to 79 a couple weeks ago and now I'm up in the 90's so thats great!!! Hopefully when I get preggo I will gaini weight and not lose weight how some woman do. ick. Thank you so much for the help! Means a lot to me!:hugs:

Hey girl! I'm actually gaining some weight being on the pills and I have had way too many Ensure PLus drinks! Ugh I was forcefed to drink those. You mean ED by body image? I know the road. You don't need to look in the mirror and freak I see your avatar and your gorgeous!!! Congrats on being preggo too! Thats really exciting!Do you have any names picked out?

Thank you so much :hugs: yes I was also forced to drnk the ensure by my sister and mother. I do have ED, although its hard for me to say that because I always liked to think I just had more self control and "ate healthier" than everyone else. :dohh:

My avatar is from the month I got preg, had a little photo shoot to remember the body I will get back! lol. But anyways I've gained a healthy amount during this pregnancy and my OH is very supportive and always tells me how beautiful I look with the bump so this helps me alot :) anyways hope all is well with you... cheers to the strawberry ensure. hehe :)

The day food intake CC suggested is great - if your lactose intolerant just substitute the milk with a high fat/protein soya drink - some of the choc ones are quite nice.

How old are you BTW? You may find your metabolism slows down a little as you get older, mine certainly did once I reached about 26

I was very ill a few years back and dropped to 98lbs (i'm 5'6) and the Dr sent me to a dietitian and she had me on about 5000 cals a day - I was also doing a really physical job but the weight did go on slowly

A typical day went like this

Breakfast
Porradge with nuts fruit honey and yog or a home made muesli with the same
Bagel/Toast
Fruit smoothie

Mid morning
Cheese toastie w Tomato and tuna/Bacon and egg bagel with salad
Muesli bar
Nuts

Lunch
Guacamole with veggie dips
Pasta with tuna and veg
Soya dessert or yog

Mid afternoon
Sausage roll/Filled roll/slice of quiche - with a protein such as tuna, chicken, etc
Muesli bar
Nuts

Supper
Guacamole and corn chips (to snack on while cooking!) or hummus
Chili with rice/Beef strogonoff/Cottage pie/chicken or beef stew with dumplings
Homemade bread and butter pudding/steamed fruit/crumble

Evening snacks of nuts, fruits, soya puds etc

Also don't be afraid to exercise - it will be good for you, help avoid cholesterol issues and will build body mass

Hope you gain the weight soon :hugs:

Thank you so much :hugs: yes I was also forced to drnk the ensure by my sister and mother. I do have ED, although its hard for me to say that because I always liked to think I just had more self control and "ate healthier" than everyone else. :dohh:

My avatar is from the month I got preg, had a little photo shoot to remember the body I will get back! lol. But anyways I've gained a healthy amount during this pregnancy and my OH is very supportive and always tells me how beautiful I look with the bump so this helps me alot :) anyways hope all is well with you... cheers to the strawberry ensure. hehe :)

I am actually drinking the new Dark Chocolate Insure Plus and eating snicker weight gain bars and I've been gaining weight which is incredible! Your not alone with the ED...I was put into a facility when I was 16 and had been in the hospitals every since I was 14. I no longer struggle and I actually counsel girls with ED's and I spoke in all the High School health classes! So if you EVER need anything or just someone to talk to about your ED I'm here for you!!! It's hard and its even harder when your dealing ith it on your own. Your avatar pic is very cute! Your so tiny and have this little basketball! Ya so guess what....me and my Hub are moving to tx soon and then we are trying for a baby asap! I can't wait!!! So how are you feeling and how are you doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->