Big vs small room for nursery

Sapphia

Mum to a 28 weeker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was originally thinking of using our small front room for the nursery. But replies to my other thread on here got me wondering whether I should use the large back bedroom (by large I mean it is a double bedroom). The reason for this is that our dogs and cats are already banned from the room, so it would not change anything for them if this was the baby's room. Whereas they are allowed in the small room and the cats currently eat in there!

What size room is everyone else thinking of using? Are there any drawbacks to using a large room?

I will probably use my small room because it is right next door to my own bedroom. But saying that....when I settle down I might have moved!

Amelies room is in a double bedroom. Keep in mind that your baby will share the same room as you for the first 6 months. We use a monitor during the night still :blush: No drawbacks to a big room really. We have a single bed as well as her cot so I can sleep in her room if shes poorly or having a bad night and up a lot.

Amelies room is in a double bedroom. Keep in mind that your baby will share the same room as you for the first 6 months. We use a monitor during the night still :blush: No drawbacks to a big room really. We have a single bed as well as her cot so I can sleep in her room if shes poorly or having a bad night and up a lot.

This sounds like a good idea, another positive for the big room then!

The positive about the small room for me is that it is right next door so less walking for me in the middle of the night. lol!

I'm going to room in with baby for a long while and after that it will be the second largest room. Just cause its also upstairs but has a door unlike the loft which is the smallest room. If the loft had a door, I'd put baby there.

We will only have 2 bedrooms when we move. One will be ours which is the master. The 2nd bedroom is only just a little bit smalled than the master and that will be our nursery!
xxx

We have a smaller bedroom which will be used as the nursery when the time comes, there should be enough room in there for all of babies things and a bed for me to sleep in if baby is being fussy or is poorly.

We only have two bedrooms and the bedroom that will be the nursery is on the smaller side. The baby will stay in my room for awhile after birth, though.

we have a three bedroomed house, and the smallest room (aka hubbys den) is currently being gutted and re decorated and will bcome the nursery. Its the samllest of our three rooms but still a good size as we also have a single bed init. xx

Lesley

I plan on putting baby in the big room. This way we don't have to move baby/child around in a few years - as it'll be in the room that can fit it's own furniture and toys. We want to have 3 children but our house could only comfortably fit 2 children and a baby (in our room), so after that point we would look to buy a bigger house.

Can't wait to do up the room as a nursery though x

Brooke had a very small nursery when she was born, but now she has quite a big bedroom, i dont think it makes any odds tbh, you'll always find stuff to chuck in there no matter how much room you have :lol:

Has anyone else WTT gone a little crazy and bought a few bits for the nursery/baby already?

I saw this lovely canvas picture of a bear with a button for a nose and bought it. I used the excuse 'what if they don't sell it when we get pregnant'. My OH didn't stop me, so of course that meant I picked up a couple more things - a bear mobile and a blanket.

But that's it for me - nothing else till I get a BFP (or maybe nothing till I start TTC he he).

I have the master bedroom (largest bedroom) in the house and share it with my LO--

2 closets, her crib, a glider/ottoman set, a large dresser, and my daybed and night stand fill it up when you factor in her toys on the floor, a hamper, and usually a basket of laundry to go away.

I cant wait to decorate a nursery either or my DD new room.. We live in a one bedroom cottage so DD never had a nursery and still doesnt have her own bedroom (not convinient with a 2 yr old). I cant wait to decorate her room into a little pink heaven for her and by that time comes she will be nearly 3 so she can help pick the stuff she likes, so excited. Our new house will have the master and two double rooms, one of which is slightly bigger so it will be DD's room then the other will be be nursery for the new baby.

We are in a 1 bed at the moment. I cant imagine it with a LO! I feel for you.

xxx

Its not the worst but I cant wait for our room back. We have put up a partition wall to sort of separate us (luckily it was a biggish room) but we have to be so quiet when we go to bed and when we :sex: :blush:. And quite often the OH's alarm for work wakes her up so we end up with her in our bed most days.
I just worry that after 3 years of her being in our room, when we move into our new house and she suddenly has this big room to herself in a strange place, we are heading for problems but what can you do? :shrug:

Rian has a big room..and thank heavens for it because she has so much stuff!!!!! You accumulate so much baby stuff..we have even joked about building a piece on to her room!!

I've been looking at wallpaper, bedding, cots etc but I haven't bought anything yet. I am so excited, but trying to concentrate on our wedding plans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->