Bio Oil

DNice

Reaction score
Anyone else using this?!?! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!! I don't have one stretch mark!! I am hoping to get away with NONE!!!!

Any other good tips!?!?

Im using it too, although I did start with some faded stretch marks anyway! :)

Im using it too, although I did start with some faded stretch marks anyway! :)

I have a few on my hips and was wondering if I could start using this BioOil to make those go away!??! :winkwink:

I used it and coco butter when pregnant with DS and still got some right at the end :(

This time I'm just using baby oil after showers - skin is all stretched out anyway lol

I used it and coco butter when pregnant with DS and still got some right at the end :(

This time I'm just using baby oil after showers - skin is all stretched out anyway lol

Didn't even think about baby oil! LOL

I am loving Bio Oil! I'm 39 weeks and so far, no stretch marks. I do have existing ones on my hips that are getting more prominent due to being heavily pregnant but I really think the Bio Oil is helping to keep them in check and will keep using it on them afterwards to help them go down.

Bio Oil is pretty much just mineral oil (petroleum by-product) with some added essential oils (one of which you're actually supposed to avoid in pregnancy, but they concentrations aren't high so probably not worth worrying about too much unless you are sensitive to essential oils). It's not 'bad' per se, but it's nothing special either. You could get baby oil (also mineral oil, so wouldn't put it on an actual baby) and add some oils of your own and get the same stuff. There's nothing magic about it. But it is expensive.

If you find it gets too pricey for you, a base oil (sweet almond oil is great) and some added lavender or something will be cheaper and work just as well (as much as any of these oils work). Honestly, the best thing you can do is just try not to gain too much weight too quickly and keep yourself well hydrated.

I used a homemade oil (sweet almond and safflower oil with lavender and jasmine) and only got two tiny stretch marks in the very last week. But I also only gained about 15 lbs total.

Bio Oil is pretty much just mineral oil (petroleum by-product) with some added essential oils (one of which you're actually supposed to avoid in pregnancy, but they concentrations aren't high so probably not worth worrying about too much unless you are sensitive to essential oils). It's not 'bad' per se, but it's nothing special either. You could get baby oil (also mineral oil, so wouldn't put it on an actual baby) and add some oils of your own and get the same stuff. There's nothing magic about it. But it is expensive.

If you find it gets too pricey for you, a base oil (sweet almond oil is great) and some added lavender or something will be cheaper and work just as well (as much as any of these oils work). Honestly, the best thing you can do is just try not to gain too much weight too quickly and keep yourself well hydrated.

I used a homemade oil (sweet almond and safflower oil with lavender and jasmine) and only got two tiny stretch marks in the very last week. But I also only gained about 15 lbs total.

I've been getting mine from Costco. You can the small and large bottle both for $20!

Yeah I got it for £10 on amazon. I just bought a tiny bottle of lavender oil and that was £5 so making your own probably isn't any cheaper x

I didn't get 1 stretch mark until I hit 30 weeks. I used lotions, oils, etc. NOTHING worked. You'll either get them, or you won't. That's just how it is.

I didn't get any of mine til after labour :haha: crazy! but yes I think if you're gonna get them you will.

I'm going to keep using it and see what happens! Hoping for the best! LOL!!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->