Bipolar and OCP?

LJaydow

Jack, Elizabeth
Reaction score
I have recently been told I have bipolar, and for a few months I have been feeling very good and stable. I started taking Cerazette 2 weeks ago, and it feels like my mood is plummetting again - could this be because of the hormones in the pill?

I would try and speak to my psychiatrist but its pretty hard to get hold of her and I am concerned really

x

Hi Hun. Sorry you are feeling bad. I am also BiPolar and was first diagnosed with depression when my mood took a massive nose dive after first going on the pill. To cut a long story short I believe that the pill may have triggered a down episode (I can't remember which one it was at the time) but medication managed to stabilise me.

I have been on cerezette for a year now (since my LO was born) and I have not had a problem. My only advice at the moment would be to see your GP if you cannot get hold of your psychiatrist. I know they can be difficult to track down. I wouldn't stop taking your pill just yet as it may make things worse (your hormones may go haywire).

hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->