Birth at 33weeks question?

Kat1990

pregnant! 2nd trimester!
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I was taken in due to ore term labour at 29 weeks, after steroids and a drip they managed to stop contractions. but I'm now 33 weeks and having a few contractions again and lost my mucus plug :/

I was wondering does baby normally need a lot at this stage if born? Will they allow a natural birth at this stage? (Baby is head down but not engaged) any positive stories or pictures would be great!! Thanks!! X

Don't know anything from experience, but the 2 friends I've seen through this in the last couple of years both had babies born naturally at the 33-34 week mark and were both in the 4..25-4.75 lb mark. Both babies spent a little bit of time in the NICU (one spent 9 days and the other spent 5) and are now super strong healthy thriving toddlers. Oh, and both moms breastfed without a problem.
Good luck, I hope they can hold you off a couple of weeks yet so there's no NICU time!!

I hope they can hold you off a few more weeks. It is possible to lose bits of your mucous plug and have it regenerate. My son was born at exactly 34 weeks, he was a tiny 2lb 7oz, spent 13 hours in the nicu before the fight got too much for him. I did have to have a c section as they said it was the safest option for Joshua, they thought a natural delivery could put him into distress. One of my friends has just given birth by emergency c section at 33+3 after her little boys heartrate kept dropping, he was in nicu for just over 2 weeks because of jaundice and has just come home and doing great, just a little small x

I delivered at 29 weeks vaginally. She had to stay in the NICU for 6 weeks. She actually thrived and we were very lucky to have no complications along the way. She is currently a 10yr old straight A student. That being said I have been dilated and having contractions off and on since 31 weeks with this guy, I just took it easy and I'm still hanging in there. Good luck to you!

Hi ladies. I was taken in due to ore term labour at 29 weeks, after steroids and a drip they managed to stop contractions. but I'm now 33 weeks and having a few contractions again and lost my mucus plug :/

I was wondering does baby normally need a lot at this stage if born? Will they allow a natural birth at this stage? (Baby is head down but not engaged) any positive stories or pictures would be great!! Thanks!! X

Your story sounds similar to mine...had my preterm labor stopped at 28 weeks and was still getting frequent contractions after being discharged from the hospital. I even lost my mucous plug at 30 weeks, but fortunately I've been able to keep the baby in! I will be full term on Monday :) You might go through the same - fingers crossed.

I did a lot of research about babies being born at 30,31,32...etc and 33 weeks is a very good week for the baby to be born without any short or long term complications! Keep your head up, hun!

My 33 weeker was 4lb 12oz born by c section for placenta preavia and did 10days in NICU. She did need a bit of time on a ventilator but was quickly off it and would have been home faster if she didnt get jaundice. Now she's a happy and healthy 3 1/2 year old:thumbup:

My neice was born at 33 weeks she weighed a hefty 5lb 15 and she didnt need to go in nicu, the only thing was my sister had trouble feeding her and she had to be tube fed for 2 weeks, they was kept in for 2 weeks xx

It very much depends on the reason why you would be going into labour early. Many babies will be fine if their birth weight is decent, like 4lbs up. Under that and they struggle. Typically they should be this weight at this age gestation anyway so generally they do well. Like I say, depends why, if something caused them not to grow as well.

I hope they can hold you off a few more weeks. It is possible to lose bits of your mucous plug and have it regenerate. My son was born at exactly 34 weeks, he was a tiny 2lb 7oz, spent 13 hours in the nicu before the fight got too much for him. I

Im so sorry :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->