Birth Certificate

lady3

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I don't know where exactly to post this, so if there's a better place, let me know.

How long will it take to get the baby's long form birth certificate? Also, same question but for the short form?

We're going to France about 6-8 weeks after the baby is born, so will need a passport asap.

Thanks!

Not sure, probably varies greatly from area to area. We are in the same boat somewhat. We want to fly down to Texas (where most of my family is) as soon as we can after the baby is born, but will have to wait on the birth certificate and a passport

You get it there and then at the registry office when you register the birth. You have to pay for the long form but it's only about £5

is it only £5 for the first one?! jeez, it cost me £55 for new ones when i changed my name.

You get a small one printed there and there and then a big one sent out I think.

We got both there and then - the long version cost £8.50. It might vary from area to area though.

Depending on the registry office as some can only give you the small one, however the large one is needed to get a passport :)

ove only had the large one with my kids and if i needed replacements then i had to get the smaller versions

couple of weeks for a UK passport where i live I think. maybe a month. if you act quick you should be able to do it - check with the passport people exactly what you need in advance.

I've been sorting out what I need to get baby registered - it's compliacted as I'm abroad and me and DB arent married...so much paperwork! Urgh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->