• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth control issues?

Jcliff

Reaction score
Hey all just wanted to stop in for a quick question. Well, I started BC (the pill) for the first time since I was in college. (I'm 32 now married with two kids), anyway I've been on it for about a week and a half and ever since I have started taking it, I have suffered from terrible headaches. Every.single. Day!! I Take my pill at night and wake up with a headache and it's miserable!! Tonight I skipped my pill to see if I wake up feeling better. I'd rather risk getting pregnant then dealing with this nightmare! Anyone else suffer?

I never got headaches, but the pill always made me either gain weight or have crazy mood swings. I tried quite a few different ones and the result was always the same. The copper IUD worked great for me because it was non-hormonal.

Yip, the combined pills gives me terrible headaches and sets of migraines. I changed to the mini pill (progesterone only so taken every day without a break) and that doesn't cause me to have headaches. Don't suffer, there are plenty available so speak to your go asap x

It's almost been two weeks and I can't deal anymore. I know it's going to mess up my cycle this month but I'm not taking it anymore. I'm miserable

Don't know how you lasted 2 weeks. I managed 4 days and gave up!

I suffered from severe headaches and mood swings when I took it too, plus it doesn't really work for me. I've become pregnant on hormonal BC twice already, one resulted in my DS while the other ended in m/c, so I don't trust it. I second the copper IUD if you want long term BC without side effects or good ole condoms lol.

Been off it for about a week and already feel better

glad you felling better, there are few different birth control pills, but i suggest that non horomonal is the best way to go.

I can't handle the pill, AND I got pregnant while on it when I already had a 2-month old (who was conceived using a condom, which is the reason I went on the pill). With this one, I was using natural family planning, but I have PCOS, so I ovulated almost 2 weeks late when I thought I was starting my period! Nothing is working for me!!!!!! I am super happy about all of my pregnancies, but I would like to give my body a break! Lose some baby weight! Heal!

Um, but I have a 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and 10 month old and am pregnant again. Sooo, I've GOT to figure out something after this pregnancy! I like the idea of an IUD, but I think any hormonal birth control will make us feel terrible, and I'm allergic to nickel so can't do the copper stuff.

I hope you figure something out! Don't end up like me! haha...

I can't handle the pill, AND I got pregnant while on it when I already had a 2-month old (who was conceived using a condom, which is the reason I went on the pill). With this one, I was using natural family planning, but I have PCOS, so I ovulated almost 2 weeks late when I thought I was starting my period! Nothing is working for me!!!!!! I am super happy about all of my pregnancies, but I would like to give my body a break! Lose some baby weight! Heal!

Um, but I have a 4 year old, 3 year old, 2 year old, and 10 month old and am pregnant again. Sooo, I've GOT to figure out something after this pregnancy! I like the idea of an IUD, but I think any hormonal birth control will make us feel terrible, and I'm allergic to nickel so can't do the copper stuff.

I hope you figure something out! Don't end up like me! haha...

Oh my word. Bless your heart . :shrug:

Go back and see your GP and ask for something else. Not all birth control pills are the same and there is likely something else that will work for you. I had horrible side effects from microgynon. Like horrible mood swings and really serious anxiety and depression that came on really quickly (I tried taking it twice, about 3 years apart and the same thing happened, so I know it was related). My doctor put me back on Yasmin, which I'd been on for years before I'd come off it to have a break, and I had no trouble. I went back on Yasmin after we had our first and still no side effects. It is more expensive, so it's not usually the one they offer unless you request it because you can't tolerate the others, but it worked for me. I was on it for 3+ years this most recent time and no side effects at all.

Yep, same things happened to me. I can't handle anything hormonal so I too went with the copper IUD. Works perfect for me! I don't even have the extra painful cycle they say you'll get, but there's a chance that could have something to do with still breastfeeding my 8 month old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->