Birth control method for men?

O

Ozzieshunni

https://techcitement.com/culture/the-best-birth-control-in-the-world-is-for-men/

Thoughts?

I think all these contraceptive methods and the ones in the link would be perfect if they also protected you from STI's and HIV etc etc. Condoms are a pain in the backside, but protect u from it all......... in a perfect world, i would hope my daughters always made any sexual partners wear condoms.

I think its great for men to have a birth control method other then condoms. People in long term relationships who are faithful dont need the birth control to protect about STD's/STI's. Its horrible in a sence that 99% of birth control is the womens job.

As long as that thing is safe in that link then I think its a perfect thing for men and its a long term thing but can be reversed very easy.

I wish my Oh could have this his refuses the snip and I am fed up of being the guinea pig

sounds good to me, i have the implant right now but it does mess with my hormones, it would be nice to just not have to worry about it and let him take the responsibility. Not sure how up for it he would be but i would be lol!

Sounds brilliant to me! It's a real shame it's having problems becoming available because it won't be enough of a money-maker for companies. It would perfect for people in long-term relationships and provides alternative options for women who don't want artificial hormones in their bodies.

I think it'll be good for people in long term relationships but for single men, I honestly think they're more bothered about getting a girl pregnant than catching an std!! I think condoms are just better all round protection, covers everything then!!!

Except when they split and I know this is usually the mans line but I dont like how they feel :haha:. However I cannot get on with hormonal contraception so it would be nice to have an option for him and if it is as easily reversible with no side efects then it sounds good to me I just doubt that there are many men who are gonna be willing to have an injection in the balls. sounds like a case of the money is in prevention not the cure.

All except genital herpes and crabs.

and HPV

Personally I'd never trust a man with my birth control LOL .... it's me who gets pregnant, carries the baby, gives birth AND who will end up raising that child if the relationship breaks down, so I want to be in control ...

Hell my DH can't even be trusted to take the bins out on a Monday evening :wink: :haha:

and HPV

Personally I'd never trust a man with my birth control LOL .... it's me who gets pregnant, carries the baby, gives birth AND who will end up raising that child if the relationship breaks down, so I want to be in control ...

Hell my DH can't even be trusted to take the bins out on a Monday evening :wink: :haha:

I thought HPV was herpes/warts?

and HPV

HPV is warts, herpes is different

and HPV

HPV is warts, herpes is different

There are about 100 different strains of HPV ... causing all sorts from ordinary warts, to genital warts, to those that are high risk for cervical cancer.

Unlike the ones for genital warts though, the CC ones have no symptoms, so you don't know you have them. :hugs:

I realized after this I was having a brain fart, lol! I think this is a good solution for couples in long term relationships :)

I think it'll be good for people in long term relationships but for single men, I honestly think they're more bothered about getting a girl pregnant than catching an std!! I think condoms are just better all round protection, covers everything then!!!

yep. we need protection from STD from going around. it is not good when you do want a baby and no one is doing anything to prevent STD from spreading (STD can cause problems for pregnancy).

I'm wary of it because although it says that the shot is reversible, they haven't done many clinical trials with it and the scar tissues that develops can very likely cause a man to become completely sterile. I appreciate the fact that they are trying to develop something so that women can stop pumping themselves full of hormones but at this time I will continue to use my Nuva Ring.

I think men should have to take something to protect themselves, why is it always left to a woman to do it? This sounds good and its not expensive as that says but how many men would have it done when it is so easy to just dtd and then get lost leaving the woman to pick all the pieces up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->