birth control while bf'ing..

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
Just wondering - for those that are bf'ing and have started birth control. What form did you use?
I have tried multiple kinds of birth control, and all made me bleed 3 of the 4 weeks each month. So kind of defeated the purpose..

Also - because the pills/shot, etc generally give you a period, did you get your period? Or because you were still bf'ing did your period not come?

Thanks! :)

I found that what worked for me best was an implant. You can breastfeed, I didn't get any periods or bleeding.

But I think it works for every woman differently :hug:

im on the mini pill no bleeding for me either x

Condoms here.....although I'm thinking I might try the mini pill now....

I'm on the mini pill (Cerazette) It's what I used before getting pregnant, and had no bleeding. You can breastfeed while taking it, too - which is why I went back on it.

i had a coil fitted 8 weeks after i had my little boy. my best mate was on the mini pill after her little girl and is now pregnant, think u have to be very strict about not missing a pill or u will prob catch! my periods came straight back though even though i breastfed :(

i'm on cerezette too and no bleeding for me either :)

altho, the first time i got pregnant i was on the pill :blush: and i didnt miss one!!

yeah liz my mate had a sickness bug and is now 32 weeks :) I dont like condoms and dont trust myself with the mini pill so the coil seemed the perfect answer for me.

The coil is safe to get while BFing? What is the earliest you can get fitted for it??
I go for my check-up on the 5th and I want the coil and I want to have sex again without having to worry about getting pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->