Birth Control while WTT?

Summerbee

NTNP
Reaction score
What kind of birth control do you all use while WTT? We are aiming to try in about 6 months, and the pill completely screws me up, but needs must and all that. Just wondering what everybody else does, as looking at other methods that doesnt muck up my cycle so much!!

Speaking to DH tonight, got a funny feeling he's going to ask to ntnp... not sure how I feel about it tbh, just gotten used to the idea of waiting 6 months!! Wish me luck :thumbup:

good luck with the talk. I came of the BCP nearly 5 months ago now to get back to my normal cycle. We arnt trying until May so we use condoms!! we hate them lol but like you say needs must!!xxx

I'm still on BCP - but only have enough to cover me to mid-January at which point I'd like to come off to try and get my normal cycles back as I have always been very irregular anyway and also have been taking the pill for over 10 yrs now! I haven't had the chat with my oh yet so I don't know if he'll agree - I think realistically if that happens we may well go to ntnp but will not ttc until the summer maybe (if I am lucky!)

I started to have my Frameless copper IUD about 1 and 3/4 year ago when I got together with my OH. I will take it out when the time comes, and since it is without hormones there will no adjustion time be needed.

I just removed my NuvaRing for the last time this past sunday :)happydance:). We aren't starting until January, but my GP told me to take it out about three months early to let my cycles get back into gear.

I had a conversation with DH about this and he is dragging his feet about condoms. He hates them and we haven't used them for over three years (the ones in his drawer are probably expired, actually). I think we're just going to do the pull and pray method, and since I'm tracking my temperatures and using ovulation kits I know when we need to be extra careful. If we have an "oops", well, I'm not going to complain :thumbup:

We are using condoms since I came off the pill, which we both really hate but it won't be for too long! I think I hate having to use them more than he does :winkwink:

Comdoms for us, OH wont let me go back on the implant, i was realy agressive on that and the pill makes me cry at the drop of a hat

Condoms. The pill is awful for me so not been on one for about 7 years. I don't get what the problem is with them, they're fine.

I got a mirena cos I don't trust myself to take BCP I'm just too broody

We use pull out method and condoms some as well. Hormonal BC gets my system all out of wack!

I'm monitoring my cycles (temp charting and Persona) and we're using condoms before ovulation. Doesn't screw with your cycle and is still very safe when done properly.

I use Implanon, also known as the Implant that goes in the top of your arm. It works well for me, although for the first year and a half my periods stopped completely (which was awesome!) but since August this year I get them like twice a month so its screwing with my body a bit grrr. But hey it works and unlike the pill I don't have to worry about it everyday. It lasts for three years too.

I was on the pill but I got pg on it, and it didn't do much for my period pains (the other main reason I was on it), and also it gave me depression. I haven't been on it since my m/c 2 months ago and it's the first time I've been properly happy in 18 months. It's pretty darn good!
So for now we're using condoms, which we both hate but as you all said, needs must! :) xx

I'm not using anything as such but still BFing and my cycles are a complete mess, my last one was 93days

We're (supposed to be) using condoms

I came off the pill 2 months ago in prep for TTC. From AF until 3 days post ovulation we just use withdrawal and once FF has confirmed ovulation (3 days after ovulation) then we just do the do as normal lol

We use withdrawal as I didn't get on with the pill and condoms are a faff. Saying that, if we really didn't want me to get pregnant we'd use condoms.

my boyfriend and i decided last month we wanted to ttc in the future, but we wouldnt mind having one whenever it happens so we're not using any birth control as of august, and i think i may have gotten pregnant last month, i'm waiting to test now. :)

I'm still on BCP. We're ttc/ntnp come our wedding in April. I want to know that I'm not going to be on my period for the wedding so I'm probably going to finish my last pill packet a week or so before hand so I know for sure. Hopefully I'll go straight back into a normal cycle but I'm fully aware that that might not happen and am just about OK with it! Since being on the pill and not using condoms we've both noticed, on the few occasions we have used them, a huge difference between condoms and none. Neither of us liked it at all, even though we were fine when we knew no different!, and we have decided not to use them again.

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"