Birth control

Lovn.sunshine

Girl Mom
Reaction score
What's your favorite? [[Other than the pill, I just can't handle the side effects from the pills]]

It's been nearly 10 years since I've been on any type of BC and am out of the loop. I've heard bad things about the ring [clotting issues] and I've got plenty of friends that have gotten knocked up on the IUD's :wacko:
There is the shot, which I know can mess with your cycles if you ever plan to ttc again [we don't have any plans to but we don't want to dimiss the idea]...And then the implant [in the arm?!] which I've really not heard anything bad about...?

So my question - which do you use and like and has been 100% effective for you?

The BC pill- although I recently got the IUD (I won't share my horror story though as I'm not the "norm" lol)-- but the low estrogen pill was lovely! NO periods, very little PMS... no issues. Other than my brain forgetting to take it every day and not wanting to risk it! buahaha...

Although nothing is 100% except abstinance... if you don't react well to hormones though (like some of my friends)- then you have to go the IUD or non-hormonal route. Which is less options. The shot or implant could really mess with you.

There is a non-estrongen BC pill, but only like 95% effective. But you could maybe combine that with another method- like cycle tracking... ???

I haven't had any friends get prego on the IUD_? Did your friends go for the followup to make SURE it was fit right? I just got mine last week- so I go back in 4wks for that. Till then I'm still taking the BC pill just in case... lol

Yeah you will get side effects from any hormonal BC not just the pill.
I personally LOVE the ring and haven't had any issues but I don't smoke and I am a healthy weight so a low clotting risk maybe?

I agree properly fitted IUD may be your best bet?
Good luck.

I have the copper IUD, I used it for 2 years before having my second, within a few days of having it removed I fell pregnant, I have fallen pregnant twice on the only two occasions I've had unprotected sex so I gather I am plenty fertile so it has worked pretty well for me. I have had a new one fitted since having DS2.

Artificial hormones don't agree with me, I don't trust myself to track cycles etc, and don't like condoms or anything you have to "think" about, so it's the best option for me I love it. Slightly heavier periods but they settle down.

btw- just to clarify, my issue isn't having the IUD IN- it was having it placed, but again, I'm not the norm. LOL. And they did check that day to make sure it was fitted right before I left- and it was :)

Also I have the Mirena- 5yr IUD. Even though it's got hormones, they are centrally located and don't affect you otherwise like the pill does. Plus, after several months all my friends periods were minimal (if at all!). So I'm liking that too as I'm not used to periods anymore. lol

I have the implant and have had it for nearly 9 years now. It's the only one that works well for me.

I was on the pill but it was giving me chest pains so I then changed to the mini pill but I kept forgetting to take it so opted for the implant. When I had it removed to get pregnant, I was told wait 2 weeks before we try so we waited. I got pregnant first try so it does get your back to normal really quick (for me anyway)

I have a copper coil ans get on brilliantly. I wouldn't be able to have any false hormones. Hate them x

gynefix
t is frameless copper IUD.

I had the implant for nearly 6 years and loved it. Initially it caused irregular bleeding which was really annoying, but after the first 3 months I stopped having periods completely. I didn't notice any other side effects.

I got on best with the pill. Had depo injection 4 months ago, never having it again - awful migraines, starving all the time, constant bleeding for the first month and a complete bitch to be around in a nutshell. Hate the thought of the coil so won't use that. Going to go back to condoms for a while and think about whether to go back on the pill or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->