• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

birth control...

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
If this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. I posted it here as I am bfing and looking into birth control options so wasn't sure where to post.

So far I've decided IUD, implantin, nuvaring, and diapham are not for me.

So that leaves the pill, mini pill, extended cycle pill and condoms.Condoms are fine but I reaaaallly hate the texture I guess haha.

What are some pros/cons of the mini pill, pill, and extended cycle pill for those who take them or took them previously? Do they cause fertility issues or did you feel they did? (it took 8 months for me to get pregnant with my LG and that was with no previous BC use, future fertility is always a worry) any weight gain? And are they bfing safe?

I was at first completely closed to the idea of BC as i was worried of fertility issues later down the line... But I decided to get some views here as I'm not a fan of condoms but I dont want to have another baby for 3 yrs (possibly 2 at the least) and until I lose at least 100lbs as id like to be healthier and have Isobel be more independant haha. So weight gain from a pill is a slight worry.

I asked a similar question not long ago as i want to be safe after having this little one. I've come to the decision of again mini pill. I'm not a Dr but can tell u my experiences so i apologise if they are different to others.

I never gained weight on any pill, have been on a few. I have pcos, and without a contraceptive pill I get ovary pains when ovulating.

It took me 12 months to conceive my lb after coming off the bc, and only 3 with this lo.

Aftwr my lb was born I was so afraid of having another straight away I was on the mini pill and using condoms for some time.

I will be going bk to a mini pill after this lo.

Only the mini pill is safe to use while breastfeeding. The others can also mess with your milk supply.
When I first went on BC I asked about weight gain and was told that it's changed a lot and doesn't cause weight gain (unlike the injection). I never gained any weight on it. One side effect that is common that I got was being a bit 'dry' down there during sex. Easily solved with a bit of lube!
I was on the mini pill for 9 years and when I stopped it took 3 cycles to fall pregnant (no charting or anything). I went back on it at 6 week postpartum and was on it for just over a year. This time I fell pregnant after 2 cycles (again no charting or anything).
The thing most women fond difficult is you have to take it at the same time every day. But having said that I will admit I was bad about that and aimed for the same area of time (like morning or evening) and I never had an issue.
The biggest pro for me was it lightened my periods immensely and I was able to skip every other cycle.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->