birth control?

jennybenny

jen + craig + our cat :)
Reaction score
ok, since we're all wtt, i know we have to be using something! i have been on the pill for 7 years and am over it. the hormones, no libido, moods. I couldn't do it anymore. oh and i have tried condoms when i haven't wanted to deal with the *mess*. :haha: he doesn't like them at all. they make him go soft. :shrug: i don't like making love to a plastic bag either. i need to find another form of birth control! my gyn has fitted me for a diaphragm, which i have picked up but am not sure i am so into the idea. :shrug:

ok, so the major problem here is all of the other options (pills, condoms aside) also carry a lower effectiveness (around 85-92%) as opposed to 97-99 on the pill. we have discussed this and have decided a surprise would be ok by us.

so the question is: what do you ladies like to use?? ive been considering the diaphragm i just got, sponge, vcf, spermicides, etc. i do not know what my cycle is like so i can't chart it, plus, i am not very reliable with that type of thing anyway.

input please! :blush:

I use condoms, not by my choice really.. Basically I came off the pill back in July to try straight away but my hormones went a little nutty and I got an anxiety disorder, now I'm off my anxiety meds, but DF proposed so now we aren't tying the knot till September so I'm stuck on condoms until then (we both chose to wait). DF hates them (they make him soft too but not all the time) so we have tried a few and we got on with featherlite the best since they are so thin.. so we use them with the knowledge that its only for 8 more months!

We though about other forms of contraception, but I refuse to go onto the pill since my poor little body still hasn't switched on since coming off the things, and its for such a short period of time I didn't want anything like an implant or coil fitted since it would just come straight back out.

I have been using the implant (implanon) for 2 years. I haven't experienced any side affects and for the first year and a half my periods stopped altogether which was great...however I now get them twice a month which sucks and I don't know why it suddenly changed :shrug: I picked the implant because I didn't want to have to faff around remembering to take a pill every night as i'm rubbish at remembering to take my other meds! It lasts for 3 years but you can have it removed whenever you want if you want to start TTC. It doesn't hurt when it is inserted as they give you a local anaesthetic (it goes in the top your arm btw). Personally I love it, except for the stupid period issue, but no babbas so far lol :thumbup:

I chart my cycles using Fertility Friend online. During my fertile time we use condoms but otherwise we don't. No surprises yet! And makes me super happy to think that when we do ttc I'll actually know when I'm ovulating and won't have to be playing a guessing game every month.

And of course you don't wont' know your cycle if you don't chart it. lol

there are loads of different types of pill you can get, i went to the doctors about lack of libido and they put me on a different pill. that one felt better but me and OH decided to come off it anyway.
we now use the pull out method - but we've only got to wait another month until ttc so i suppose an accident wouldn't be a bad thing right now.
featherlite condoms are very thin though, they're the only ones my OH can use when he does.
:)

i think featherlite condoms are only avail. in the uk..i'm in the us :(

will have to keep exploring :)

are you sure? what brands do you have? featherlite are durex. .. order off the internet? ;)

the FDA is horrible with these things. we have fewer options here. :cry: don't even get g & a for labor. awful here. anyway, i may decide to try the sponge on for size, but knowing me, i'll develop a sensitivity. may have to stick with condoms after all. anyone know if durex sensi thin or okamoto crown condoms are comparable to the fetherlite? or know of a place with fetherlite that will ship to the us?? haha.

I chart my cycles (for the purposes of not getting pregnant!) and use a condom if it's a dodgy time.

i'm on BCP atm.
But thinking of coming off and getting the implant.
simply because BCP has plenty of side effects it seems this time around
& i always end up forgetting some pills etc.
it's just a lot of stress!

We don't use anything, just do the opposite of those TTC and avoid the most fertile days. Ideally we would like to wait until a year or so after we get married, so summer 2011 but a baby would be a blessing whenever it happens. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->