birth control

L

Leah_xx

First off i was on the depo provera or however its spelled.
well it made me have periods for almost a month sometimes longer.
it made me gain weight like crazy too and made me feel blahh.
well i was due for my shot the beginning of may and i decided not to go on that birth control anymore.
I was thinking about the patch.
what do you guys think?
any suggestions of better birth control.

umm i only know one person on the patch and she said that she is paranoid it will fall off and not work!
I'm going to have the coil next month.

Thanks girls!!
Im only worried about BC cause my period.
single right now so dont really have to worry about having something like the shot or that

ive been told on the mirena that it stops your periods eventually.

The pill? Made my AF's 2 days long!

I have bleeding constantly for like 2 months nearly,that i started to get worried but the doctor is hoping its just a longg period. He said the best thing to do would be to go on the pill as it would put my period back into a set routine?That might help you also.

I know the patch was recalled in Canada as it killed a couple women from blood clots.

Obviously, this doesn't always happen but its enough to make me not want to use it!

anything put the implanon in your arm, seriously its turned me into some psycho bitch, ive had a constant period since i had it in (two months ago) ive gained weight like i rat on roids, nothing good to say about it apart from once it's in you forget about it and your done for three years. Saying this everyones different.. might work for you (if so id recommend it)
but if after the six months, nothing improves im having it removed :thumbup:

^^ diffrent to me i have had to periods though gaining weight it says it dosen't but it dose sadly :(

My ob/gyn advised totally against the patch. I thought it would be a good idea as well when I asked for it. But I honestly can't remember the reason, but he was totally against it. :shrug: I have the mini-pill and it works great. I did have the depo provera shot and it was just awful.

OMG^ Kenneths nearly one, WHEN. DID. TIME. GO. SO. FAST?!

My doctor said he would never advise the depo too.
Said he would never ever put his wife on it:rofl:

Ugh birth control was a scary thing to think about for me when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy. I had been on the patch and it made both areas I had it on go numb (permanently), the pill didn't work for me and made me crazzzyyy hormonally, I had heard about a number of people I knew personally getting pregnant on IUDs, and my aunt-in-law had the implanon in her arm and gained a TONNNN of weight.

So DH told me we'd just go the condom or pull out route. To each his own, but I'd rather be au natural me then have a bunch of chemicals in my body all the time that are making me crazy, or gain weight.

Im getting an IUD on June 21st its just the best and cheapest choice in my mind plus way less worry . I had the Patch and the very first time I got pregnant I was allergic to it . It seemed , the second time I got pregnant with Jaymee I was on the Pill and well It seemed I was allergic to it as well and it made me sick. and when I got pregnant with Katherine I was on a Low Low dose pill but I kept forgetting to take it . So IUD just seems like the Best choice for me. My doctor really recomends them

i would go on pill for a while as i does get your pperiods in a routine and make them (most of the time) shorter and lighter. Then you can go from there!

Im thinking about doing this, im on no BC at the min as i dont have an OH and dont have sex, my period returned in april after stopping the depo in feb and the 1st one was ok but the 2nd one lasted nearly 2 weeks! cant be dealing with that!

I had the mini pill for about 6 weeks and i turned into some insane woman. Was really moody and had permanent bleeding and headaches. Got the copper coil now and its waaay better. No hormones either.

I dunno about this either. I'm not a fan of the pill at all and i have a terrible memory anyway but i've heard so many terrible things about depo..i'm not crazy about IUD's either..i dont have to worry about it yet but i have nooooooooooo idea what i'm going to do when i need to worry about it..probably calander method once I find a stable relationship and can be NTNP and use condoms before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->