Birth Control

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by mernie, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mernie

mernie Mom and Pregnant with #2!

So I was thinking about it this morning, and I would have HAD to have conceived last month. Which is fine, it does mean birth control (the pill) failed but we don't really care. I wasn't taking it like I was supposed to anyway.

My question is, I kept taking it up until the placebo pills around the 23rd. Haven't taken one since. Does anyone know if this could hurt bubs? I'm terrified that I've done something to my baby :cry:My first appt is not until the 21st and it doesn't include a scan so I won't know about how baby is doing completely until the scan is scheduled.

2. Bug222

Bug222 Mum to Iain and Brodie

i can't speak medically but a good friend of mine got pregnant on birth control... took it the entire month as she had no idea and has a perfect four year old now.

3. albs

albs Well-Known Member

i'm sure i remember reading the small print when i first went on the pill and it said that it wouldn't harm your baby if you did get pregnant but were still taking the pills. i wouldn't worry about it. just swap the pill for some pre-natal vitamins!

4. Alias

Alias Mum to two

My next door neighbour got pregnant on the pill twice (she's changed BC now!) and no problems with either of her kids. It happens often and I have never heard of any issues!