Birth of Baby Helm (late)

NoodleHelm

Reaction score
I delivered a healthy baby boy on April 19 at 1147AM. He was 7lb 8Oz.

On April 15, We went and have maternity photos done. I wasn't due until May 21st, and I wanted to get them done before I got super uncomfortable, as I was already feeling a bit pained. We decided to include our three dogs in on our pictures because they are a huge part of our lives. The pictures were taken on a 3000 acre farm where a cabin and a lake were. We let the dogs out on leashes, and one of them tore out of her collar and took off down the path. My husband took off after her, and I began having a panic attack. This was a large farm for a dog to get lost on, and she had never ran away before this. They are well trained.

After about 10 minutes, she came running back around the path and was all muddy. She went to play in the lake. :dohh:

So, we went on with our pictures and made it home around 6:00PM. I started having a headache and decided to go lay down. I was up every 30 minutes from this headache and eventually it started to feel like my ears were being ripped off my head. I woke DH and told him we needed to go in to the ED because I thought my ear drum was going to burst. We get there and since I am pregnant they instantly took me to get my vitals done. I told them I wasn't there for anything pregnancy related but they insisted. When they took my blood pressure it was 200/105. They all began running around, took me to a room and began magnesium and also hydrolazine. They put in a catheter and told me I wasn't allowed to walk anymore and would need to be transported to the larger hospital about 10 miles away per the on-call OB at my MD office. About an 1 later we were transported and arrived at the other hospital around 5AM.

We were taken to a L&D room, and the on call came in and told me they would be inducing me. Since getting started on the medicines by BP had gone down and she felt comfortable letting me labor but if things became uncontrolled again, I would have to have a CS. They started by giving me Cervadil which had to stay in 12 hours. I was contracting on my own, but because I was so early, my cervix was still hard and closed. After that round, nothing had changed but I did dialate to a 2.. They did another round of cervadil and we had to wait another 12 hours. Once again, no change. This time they wanted to try Cytotec. They inserted that to my cervix and checked me again 6 hours later. I was a 4 and things had progressed a little! The MD on call that day agreed to start Pitocin. After another 6 hours, I was a 5, and the MW came in and broke my water Monday afternoon.

I began having terrible back labor and they agreed that I could get the epidural. I recieved the epidural and noticed a few hours later I was starting to feel pain again. They brought the anest. back in and the epi had come out. They re-did the epidural and this time it was great. Once I got some pain relief and was able to relax I dialated to a 10 in a few hours. I began pushing at 8AM on Tuesday morning. His head was to the right of my pelvis, and didn't want to come down straight in the canal.A t 10AM I ran out of fluids in my IV so they had to shut the epidural machine off (because their policy is you must be recieving fluids while getting an Epi). I began feeling everything again around 11:00.. With every push/contraction they would guide their fingers around his head to help him move down.. One nurse asked the MW about a possible vacuum but she said she wouldn't do a vacuum on a pre-term baby. I then saw the MW start putting her scrubs, gloves, and hat on.. They told me I was making progress and he would be here soon. At 11:30 I started to get a burning sensation that felt like my whole nether regions were on fire. He was born at 11:47AM. He was breahting on his own and needed to go to nursery for a few hours because his blood sugar was dangerously low. After that, he came back to the room and didn't have to leave any more.

I had a small tear that required 3 stitches, but other than that.. everything was great. I really don't have any negative feelings towards my delivery and I'm so thankful he is here and doing wonderful.

I'm so sorry this was so long! If you stuck it out this far, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->