Birth of Jaiden

Lil-woowoo

Mummy
Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy Jaiden arrived on 22/06/2011 at 23.29pm 4 days past his due date weighing 7lb 15oz:cloud9:.

Tuesday 21 June i started to get very uncomfortable downstairs and had a feeling of constant pressure in my bum and had cleared by bowels out 3 times that evening lol. I went to bed that evening but kept tossing and turning so gave up and went through to the spare room as i didnt want to keep oh all night. Finally the wednesday morning i got up as OH was getting ready for work and we both just had a feeling this was the start of things so OH phoned into work as he didnt want to leave me.
I settled into a bath at 10am as i was feeling a tad uncomfy and my back was sore, not long after getting out the bath i had a show, it came away in big clumps, so phoned up triage who told me to try relax and phone back when the contractions got stronger or my waters broke. I managed well at home as the contractions where not too bad and coming every 8-10mins. At half 6 in the evening they did start to get stronger coming every 6 mins so phoned triage and was told to make my way up.
Was examined at 19.30 and was 4 cm and so shocked :wacko: lol as i felt i wasnt in enough pain to be 4cm so anyways off i went to labour suite.
Was happily breathing through the contractions and bouncing on the birthing ball and trying my best to keep calm :happydance: even though the midwife kept insisting i try the gas and air even though i said i would when i felt the pain was getting worse.
By 21.40 the contractions started getting much closer roughly every 2 mins and i started using the gas and air, i told the midwife i would like to use the pool but she wanted my contractions to get even stronger so i got off the bed and back on the ball to try and help my waters brake. At 22.30 my contractions where becoming intense i begged the midwife to fill the pool as i was told this would take 30mins and i was starting to freak out with the pain and that i might not have time for the pool.
Got into the pool at 23.10 and instantly i felt much better as the warm water was soothing on my back and helping a bit with the pain, was still using my gas and air. 10mins later i had the sudden urge to push, even thought the midwife told me not to i couldnt control it and started push and a few minutes later my waters popped lol and i got such a fright :haha: my OH was laughing at the shock on my face. As soon as my waters went i could feel my babys head :happydance: and looked down to see him crowning, 2 pushes later his head was out then a minute later i pushed out his body into the water :cloud9: was such an amazing experience i was so overcome with emotion i started crying, happy tears as i couldnt believe i had just given birth.
Would 100% recommend the pool :hugs: it was a beautiful experience. Will add some pics later xx

Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful birth experience! :flower: Can't wait to see the pictures! :happydance:

:thumbup:LOVE the spelling of your lo's name!

edited to say< its the same as my LO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->