Birth of Jessica - 10/04/09

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
So was booked in for induction on 9/4/09 when i was 40+9.

Went in at 1:30 and at around 3pm was given the pessary then placed on the monitor for 2 hours. Throughout this time didnt really feel anything unusual but pretty much as soon as i came off and walked about began getting bad pains in my back. This got worse as the night went on, had a bath during the night but didnt help and by the time morning came was in alot of pain.

At around 7am of 10/04/09 was checked and was 3-4cm dilated and my waters could be broken and was told i would be going down to labour ward so waited for Richard and at aroung 9:30 went down.

My waters were broken around 10am and by this point the pain was unbearable in my back, was told later this was because Jessica was turned therefore i was having a back labour but at the time the midwife kept saying it wasnt proper contractions which peed me off a bit but was put on the drip to speed things up anyway. The drip made the pain unbelievable and so i asked for gas and air, which did nothing for me at all:cry: So i was then given the pethidine injection but this just made me really sick. By this point i was climbing the walls with the pain in my back so at around 3pm was given an epidural which was bliss. The pain went pretty much instantly and i had a booster button which i could press if i started to feel anything so needless to say i was pressing it non stop haha!

I was then left until about 6pm, when the doctor came to check me because the monitor was being erratic because they thought Jessica was lying on the cord and after trying to get her to move she decided to put the monitor on her head which i hated the thought of. She also decided to take blood from Jessicas head to check she wasnt in distress so all this was done but i didnt feel a thing. Evrything was fine so was left until around 9pm when another doctor came to check and said instantly " your ready to push so im going to turn baby now" aaarrgggghhh! I sh** myself and started shaking uncontrollably! So with the next contraction i pushed and the doctor turned her then after a further 5 or 6 pushes Jessica arrived weighing 7lbs10.

She gave us a real fright when she arrived as she was wisked away and really felt for richard as he had really wanted to cut the cord but because they thought she was having breathing difficulties they cut the cord for quickness. She was breathing to fast and was given oxygen and rubbed up to encourage her to cry which she did after a few minutes. The worst thing was at the time i kept asking what was wrong and no one would answer me, i now know it wasnt as bad as it seemed at the time and they were to busy with Jessica to answer me but was scary all the same.

I had two small tears so have stiches which are healing fine and we are both settling in great.

So here is my beautiful girl, born 10/04/09 @ 10:59pm weighing 7lbs10.

Kx

Attachments

• baby jessica 001.jpg
    baby jessica 001.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 100
  • baby jessica 004.jpg
    baby jessica 004.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 4121633087a10574716643l[1].jpg
    4121633087a10574716643l[1].jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 89
Congratulations, she is gorgeous xx

Great story and congrats hun! :hugs:
Beautiful baby! xx

Congratulations she is beautiful x

Congratulations she is gorgeous! xxxx

Glad it all went so well for you, she's lovely. Congratulations.

gorgeous congratulations!!! I love that strawberry outfit is it Next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->