Birth Plan

Equreuil

Reaction score
When are you supposed to put one together? Is there a specific process that needs to be followed?

My midwife hasn't said one word about it, yet, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure what all it entails. Nor has she mentioned anything about touring L&D or the maternity ward... or said anything about any classes being available. Not that classes would be an option as our hospital is 45 minutes away and we can't afford that much gas to make extra trips.

At this point, I'm figuring we'll just be winging it once I go into labor. I feel so lost!

If you have a read through this, it's what they will probably give you

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/birth-plan.aspx#close

I haven't discussed it yet either, I think it tends to happen a bit further along! Then again my midwife is useless unfortunately, which is a shame because there are some lovely ones out there.

I also want to tour my hospital, so I'm going to ask about that when I switch midwives (moving house to a new area) but I was never told about classes either and think I'll have missed most of them now, they fill up quickly.

EDIT - I just noticed you're not in the UK, so you probably wont get the NHS birth plan, lol. But maybe something similiar.

Here is a sample one :)

https://www.hipp.co.uk/Uploads/Documents/Expert Advice/Pregnancy/My-birth-plan.pdf

If you have a read through this, it's what they will probably give you

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/birth-plan.aspx#close

I haven't discussed it yet either, I think it tends to happen a bit further along! Then again my midwife is useless unfortunately, which is a shame because there are some lovely ones out there.

Mine has actually been okay, so far. My only complaint is that a prescription didn't get sent, but that seems to have been a computer error.

I know I'm not quite into 3rd trimester yet, but I'm a first timer and feel completely clueless about all of it.

I'm originally from Nor Cal! But had my baby in Georgia at a hospital via midwife. Our midwife never spoke to us about a birth plan, but we had one and gave copies to all the nurses. It turned out to be a good thing due to the fact that our little girl crashed and had to go to the NICU who also got a copy of the plan. So instead of immediately giving her formula they allowed me to come in and breastfeed. They also did not offer a pacifier which was something we felt strongly about.

So for us a birth plan was an amazing tool. It helped keep us focused and clearly communicated our wishes to the doctors and nurses when we were unable to be with our baby.

I'm originally from Nor Cal! But had my baby in Georgia at a hospital via midwife. Our midwife never spoke to us about a birth plan, but we had one and gave copies to all the nurses. It turned out to be a good thing due to the fact that our little girl crashed and had to go to the NICU who also got a copy of the plan. So instead of immediately giving her formula they allowed me to come in and breastfeed. They also did not offer a pacifier which was something we felt strongly about.

So for us a birth plan was an amazing tool. It helped keep us focused and clearly communicated our wishes to the doctors and nurses when we were unable to be with our baby.

That's good to know. If my MW doesn't say anything about it as I get closer to being due, I'll probably mention it myself, then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->