Birth pool water question.

midget em

Reaction score
Hi, I've been told that it would be ok to set up my birth pool half filled with water in preparation for labour, then we only need to top it up with hot water. How long do you think it would be safe to leave it tho before having to change it and put fresh water in?

Thanks

I would like to know this answer too! If you find one somewhere else, will you post it here?

I know for me I have one of those pool in a box type deals (I think... midwife supplies it).

Yeah it's a birth pool in a box. I posted on another website and they said 24 hours on its own but if you want to leave it any longer you need to use a filter and water cleansing chemicals. Think we'll just start filling when I start labour and hope it doesn't stop start for a few days!

That's what we did - we had a la bassine and it really didn;t take long to inflate and fill. We didn't even start filling it until I started feeling like I could use the relief from the water. I don't know how long the BPIAB takes to set up, so not sure if you'd want to do that - maybe do a test run before labour? :)

PS. If you fill it too early, it'll probably go cold, unless you use a cover. :)

Yeah thanks madasa. We're going to do a trial run but I just thought it might be easier to leave it up. I realised it prob not worth it so I'll just play it by ear when the time arises!!

The relief doesn;t last forever, wears off after an hour or two. So getting in a little later rather than earlier isn't such a bad thing, and not having it set up ahead of time might be a good thing for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->