Birth Story - Brendan Dennis Westlake 28/01/11

Pole Kitten

Reaction score
Well after a week or so of Braxton Hicks and a few hospital visits to check his position and my sugar levels they decided to book me in for an induction but to do a sweep on 27/01 to see if they could avoid that so I could have a water birth :thumbup:

That was about midday and the normal Braxton Hicks continued into the evening, started to feel tired and achy around 11:30pm so went to bed. As soon as I lay down I struggled to fall asleep as the cramps seemed to get worse but I just thought I had trapped wind or something, especially after reading up that sweeps mostly don't work!

Managed to get some sleep but then started to wake up regularly every 5/6 minutes from about 12:30pm, I was facing the clock so it started to get pretty obvious when the pains got worse. I got up and told my partner he should probably get things ready but I was off back to sleep! After another half hour of staring at the clock every 5 minutes I decided to call the hospital and they advised me to come in after I had to stop talking to them mid contraction!

My partner called his dad to look after our daughter and he said he'd be about 45 mins (it's now coming up to 1:30am) so I thought "that's ok, went through 6 hours labour last time and my waters haven't even broken" but then the pains shot back to every 3 minutes and REALLY hurt, I decided I needed a number 2 so went and sat on the toilet... then realised I'd only been 3 hours ago! I screamed at my partner on the phone to the taxi to get him here NOW and get my neighbour to look after our daughter as we HAD TO LEAVE!!!

Taxi arrived 5 minutes later and we got to the hospital at 1:50am. Got into the birth room and they said there were no staff for the water birth (total disappointment, not that it was relevent!) got on the bed and my waters broke at 2:01am and I had the strongest contraction and urge to push ever, he was born 5 minutes later at 2:06am!!!

If we'd left 10 minutes later I'd have given birth in the taxi! :dohh: Baby is fine, 9lb 6oz and a boy. He was VERY battered and bruised so purple and swollen for the first few days but he now just has the odd yellow/purple bruise which are gradually fading. All is well now and he's a week old and absolutely gorgeous :happydance:

Aw congrats Hun what a quick birth blimey!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->