Birth story for Joshua Jaret, born 12.10.10

ayh78

Mummy of 2!
Reaction score
My due date of Sunday 10.10.10 came and went. I was a bit fed up the following day. :nope:

Then on Monday evening I started having crampy contractions around 8pm which were every 5-10 mins from the start and gradually got stronger. A few hours later I knew they weren't going away but I wasn't sure when to go to hospital - I didn't want to have to come home, but they they'd said to come in at 5 mins apart, but they'd been that from the beginning. I rang them and they just said to come in when I needed pain relief. I took a couple of paracetamol around midnight to take the edge off as the contractions were starting to make it more difficult for me to just breathe through them.

Soon after we decided to head to the hospital as I wasn't looking forward to have to sit down in the car through the contractions (I'd coped so far by moving around). The car journey was bearable - just. Contractions were lasting around a minute and were about every 2-3 minutes apart. We got to the hospital around 1.30am. We had to wait in a assessment room for about 10 minutes (it was around three contractions, which is how I know!). I was really suprised when they said I was 7cm! They got the pool ready for me and I was in for around 2am.

I tried a bit of gas and air, but I didn't really think it did much except make me feel drunk. It started to get really painful and the midwife said that there might be 3-4 hours to go, at which point I started saying I couldn't do that and I wanted some pethidine. Then the midwife asked if I was wanting to push because of the different noise I was making. Turns out I did, so no need for that pethidine. The next bit was very painful, difficult and frustrating. Pushing was hard work, and pushing out his head really stang. He was also wiggling which was very weird! I felt his head with my hand which spurred me on to push all of his head out so I could see it under the water. Another few pushes got his shoulders out and then there he was! Joshua was born without any complications, with minimal gas and air in the pool at 3.57am on Tuesday 12.10.10 weighing a mighty 9lb 6oz. :cloud9:Labour was 8 hours from start to finish.

We both had a cuddle in the pool - awesome experience. :happydance:

I had to have a few lots of stitches too. DH was happy cuddling Joshua whilst I was totally out of it on the gas and air while that was done. :smug:

Pictures of my gorgeous little man:

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2389.jpg
    IMG_2389.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 45
aawwwwwww he's just gorgeous, congratulations!!!
:flower:

congrats on the birth of Joshua! Well done you on a natural birth of a 9lber!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->