Birth story of Kelsey Lynne!

countryrider

Reaction score
My due date was June 20th. We decided to spend the weekend at my moms to visit. On Thursday we decided to take a day ride to enjoy the country scenery and go to a great restaraunt for lunch. Well we ended up driving about 4 hrs from home since we were having such a great time and I was feeling great. We ended up arriving back at my mom's house around 10pm, and at 10:30pm I got really light cramps. I didn't think much of it since I've had them on and off the previous 2 wks. Everyone went to bed exept me. I stayed up watching tv and at 12:30am my cramps became a bit stronger and almost immediatly close together. They were 1-2 min. apart and lasting 30-50 seconds long. My family heard me still up and walking around at 3:30am (contractions still the same) and they said I needed to get to the hospital then. I however wasn't in a hurry since I wanted to labor out of the hospital for as long as I could...but they insisted. I still had a 1/2 hr. drive to the hospital, had to get gas in the truck to make it there, then had to stop by our house to pick up the hospital bag and pillow. By the time I arrived at the hospital at 5:20am I was 5cm dialated, they called my Dr. and he came in right away (knowing my labors go quickly he didn't waste time getting there). When he checked me a little after 6am I was 8cm dialated. At this point contractions seemed back to back but were about a minute apart and my Dr. broke my waters. I had no pain meds what-so-ever (as there wasn't time for any, nor did I ask for some). I didn't say a word during labor, all I could do was focus on breathing. My OH kept a cool rag handy for my forehead as I breathed through each contraction. Around 7am I was checked again and there was only a little rim left to dialate. My Dr. said if I felt like pushing I could, so I started the pushing process. Pushing through contractions actually was easier than breathing through them. At 7:35am my little girl Kelsey Lynne was born...sunny side up! She weighed 9lbs 4oz and 21 1/2 in. long. I had only a minor tear, and then went to surgery at 11am for my tubes to be tied. All went well, and we are now home getting used to eachother!

Attachments

• kelsey 002.jpg
    kelsey 002.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 15
Well done on the smooth labour and congrats on your gorgeous girly! :)

Lovely smooth labour, I'll have one of those this time please :thumbup: congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->