Birth Story of Krystal Clay

Marie Alana

Mother of 2
Reaction score
As you all know, I lost my waters on 12th May (Weds) so I got told to go in at 9am the following day for an induction...

This is gonna be loooooong :) I had a bad morning starting at 7.30am, 13th May.

7.30am, time for bus journey - I was crying a lot as Az couldn't be with me (he had to look after Holly as we didn't have childcare) and I had to get two buses so I tried phoning my midwife to see if I could have an ambulance as an urgent call out not an emergency call out. My midwife was away but I got an incredibly bitchy community midwife on the phone instead. This upset me even more...

MW : Is that Maria? Right now you listen to me! You should of made arrangements yourself for transport. Why haven't you got a car?
ME : I did have arrangements but they fell through.
MW : Why?
ME : Because my father-in-law who said he'll take us, had to go to Liverpool.
MW : Why didn't you stop him? Why did you send your transport away? Somebody could be dying of a heart attack and now you've took their transport because you sent your transport away!
Me : His wife had to have an op due to her having a rare disorder and she might have cancer. So he had to go at 6am today as he needed to get to Liverpool.
MW : Well, you should of got him to take you to Bangor and you should have just waited outside. I'll call you back.
Me : Not too worry I'll just get the bus. Forget it.
MW : Don't you dare. I'll call you an ambulance and you listen to me! Next time, make arrangements! How far gone are your contractions? When did your waters break?
Me : My waters broke yesterday at 5.30am and my contractions are 10 minutes apart.
MW : Why didn't you come in when you lost your waters? You should of come in!
Me : I did. I got sent home again at 10pm and they told me I'm to go in at 9am.
MW : I'll call you back bye.

That upset me big time but I waited for a phone call anyway which didn't come till 11am.

MW : Mari? It's me here. I've call you an ambulance. You should of been there by 10am. Why didn't you come in?
Me : I was on the phone to you...
MW : You should of come in when they asked you to Maria. Now you are late.
Me : Ok.
MW : It's written on your notes - 10am you were meant to be here and they have been expecting you.
Me : Yeah ok...
MW : This is your fault. You shouldn't of sent your transport away Mari. Wait for the ambulance. Bye.

She couldn't even say my name properly! Stupid woman :growlmad:

Anyway, the ambulance arrived at 11.45pm. It was an ambulance that deals with emergency and non-emergency cases. I said sorry to them for calling them out but the paramedics were lovely and told me not to worry, they aren't busy today. Think me crying, all pale and having a high bp frightened them a bit to be honest haha.

They done my bp and pulse rate in the ambulance and took my oxygen level.

Got to hospital, taken to a ward and fed some food while I waited for the labour ward to have me. During this time I got my bp monitored and baby monitored. Also some of the staff came up and said there was a misunderstanding with the MW I spoke to on the phone and not to worry. I can't see how it was a misunderstanding.
One of the women who told me this was in fact (I'm certain it was) the community MW who I spoke with on the phone so I told her the MW I spoke to was extremely unprofessional, a bitch and needed to get a better bedside manner. She just raised her eyebrows and said 'I see' then I never saw her after that.

Waited a long ass time till I got on to the labour ward. Once there, I was introduced to Julie and Helen (two lovely midwives, one senior, one in training). They told me what they would do - give me stuff to set of contractions (going from low to high doses), examine me, give me gas n air.

A doctor came in to insert the needle in my hand but put it in my arm instead and punctured my vein (blood everywhere, giant bruise, swelled up but it hasn't caused any problems).
I was given the gas n air while they checked baby and they realised that she was back-to-back and my cervix was in an odd position so they told me to breathe on the gas n air until I feel dizzy as the MW Julie had to pull my cervix down.

They started me off on the drip thingy to get my contractions started. 10 minutes later, my contractions started regularly and the MW's upped the dose from 2 to 28ml.

I cope on gas n air for about an hour and a half then they gave me dymorphine to take the edge off. I was seriously losing the plot by this time as I wasn't taking any 'normal' air, I was just sucking the pipe continuously haha. I was out of it but can't remember saying anything to them apart from crying for some reason. They tried taking it off me but I told them to fuck off hahaha. I leaned up on the bed and pushed with everything I had. I felt her crowning and that was more painful than the contractions :D I shouted for Az but obviously he wasn't there.

The labour only lasted 2 hours and 48 minutes. Krystal was born at 18.08pm, 42 cm long, 6lb 5oz. Full head of blond hair. I stopped overnight and came home about 3.30pm ish today. :)

Pictures will be put up later.

Congrats love, glad the labour went well :) Sorry to hear about the bitchy midwife though! What a cow! xx

Wow what a bitch of a midwife on the phone! Congrats on the birth of your daughter and sorry you had to do it alone xxx

Ah I'm so sorry you had such a horrible time, the midwife on the phone was such a bitch! Did she not think the situation was stressful enough for you! Bloody woman!

Big Congratulations on the birth of Krystal. Bet she's beautiful and looking forward to pics! xxx

Yeah she was a total cow. Luckily the two midwives I had through the birth couldn't of been more different. I am so grateful to them. They really helped. Feel a bit sorry for Helen as I swore at her a few times bless her and refused to listen to her. She was lovely, just a bit bossy. Julie was the trainee midwife and she was lovely too.

Aw congratulations hun, I'm sorry you had such an awful time leading up to the birth and sorry you had to do it alone... massive well dones to you!!!! xxx

Congratulations :kiss: I'm sorry the community midwives were so bitchy! xx

Awww congratulations on your daughter and I'm sorry to hear you had such a miserable bitch on the phone. I'm impressed that you didn't blow your top at her. :D xx

Think she was on a power trip - some people shouldn't work in professions that require people skills if they have none :D

The two other midwives more than made up for it so I wasn't anxious about Az not being there as they put my mind totally at ease which made me forget about the stupid powermad community MW. :)

I'll post up pics in a bit.

Thanks girls xx

congratulations to you. well done. I cannot belive the midwife you spoke to what a cow. glad you made the comments you did to that midwife when you got to hospital. :thumbup: xxx

Aw congratulations hun and well done you!!! Shame about the b***h you had on the phone, like you really needed that!

Love the name you've chosen.

Can't wait to see the pics x

What a cow!!!!

Congrats on your little girl can't wait to see pics

xxx

congrats on the birth of your little girl. can't wait to see pics. what an unprofessional mw though. people like that shouldn't be allowed to practice. :hugs:
xx

Congratulations! Sorry about the MW on the phone though. I would try and find out who she was and complain! How bloody rude!!

Glad it didn't last too long for you either..

How ever I am jealous you went before me :haha:... Can't wait to see pics!!!

xxx

congrats .....u done so well:) as for the bitch on the phone she should be taught some manners silly cow :)
hope u n baby r well xx

I think that midwife could of used a chill pill. Wow if i would have had her on the phone she would of hated me.Sorry to here you had such a horriable situation. Also sorry you had no one there when you delivered. Hope all is going well now.

Congratulations on your little girl and very well done for doing it alone! I bet your so glad its over with now and you get to hold your little girl :D Looking forward to seeing pics xxx

Congratulations!! Sorry the midwife on the phone was so mean. :(

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!!! SO glad you and the baby are doing well. I am sorry you had to go alone....and what a cow of that midwife!!! I am glad you told her about her unprofessionalism!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->