Birth story- tens and aromatherapy

riskybusiness

Reaction score
Just thought i would draft my wonderful birth story, hope it might help with some of the decisions you may want to make for labour :thumbup:

This is my second baby. I had prepped my prerennium with bio oil for the last 4-6 weeks ( think this helped as i had no stitches and she was bigger than my last baby at 7lb 13oz or 3.55kg).

I was 40+ 4 and getting nervous of induction possibility (really wanted my body to decide), i already tried, hot curry, pineapple, clary sage in my bath and on aromatherapy aromatiser, bouncing on my birthing ball, and i read on babyandbump that I could try :sex: - didn't feel that enthused about it but someone wrote its better than having to have a sweep- would definately agree!

Well we dtd and I orgasmed - this immediately gave me a strong (what iassumed was BH contraction), after that 11 pm 4 th oct i hadthem every 20 mins and couldn't sleep through them as there was some cramping.

They got slightly stronger at 2 pm 5 th oct so i decided to run a bath with lavender ( relaxing) and frankinsense ( analgesic), got out and then putmy tens machine on at about 3.30pm- suddenly they got a lot stronger and I decided to go to hospital at 4.20 pm..... Good job we are only ten mins away as I had our lovely daughter Harriet at 5.04 pm on 5th Oct... There was a head there as soon as i got onto the ward!

Lovely experience and beautiful healthy baby.... all home now after just 2 min second stage (two pushes)

Good luck to all those expectant mothers out there xxx

I love reading stories like this, i generally keep away from birth stories until i have had my LO incase i get scared but i knew from the title this would be a nice, empowering one.

Did you do it without gas & air?

xx

Gosh, well done. I love stories like this, it makes me believe in my body even more.

Wow, what a fantastic birth story! Congratulations to you and your family.

congratulations - great birth story :)

oh wow. this is how i want it to happen for me. congrats!

ohh this is fantastic!! congrats

is their any chance you could od a thread on aromotherapy and what oils do what please, i would really like to try it! thanks hun

Congratulations! And well done.. sounds like you had a fab birth experience! I think I might copy and paste this somewhere and save it for when I'm at that stage... I'm sooo gonna try everything you said! Lol x

Wowzers - luckily she waited until you got to hospital :o) - Congratulations xx thanks for sharing.

to answer some of your questions:

I was offered gas and air at hospital to push her out...so had a couple of breathes but i feel i didn't really need it.... mouth peice is really good to bite down on tho.... bit like a stress ball!

for aromatherapy info, my hospital was allygood at providing me with the details, so would recommend you talk to your midwife. With my first baby i tried lavender in labour and it just made me feel sick... so i think each labour and individual is different. but i got a range of oils in including:

geranium oil ( good for scars/stretch marks etc)
mandarin oil ( good for reflux, stomach calming, constipation etc )
lavender - relaxing
clary sage ( only for post 37 wks- muscle relaxing and labour inducing)
frankinsense ( analgesic for during labour )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->