Birthday party etiquette

Pearls18

Reaction score
My 4.5 year old has been invited to a birthday party at a soft play centre, I need to clarify the child's age (they're at nursery so could be 3 or 4) if 3 I presume this would be parents staying? If it's a 4 year olds party would I be expected to drop him off and leave? I will probably just text the mum, but just wanted to get a feel for what the etiquette is, we've always managed to avoid parties so far lol!

At a soft play, I would stay at either age. We had a soft play party for Joshua when he turned 5 and all the parents stayed.

Have been to soft play parties since (child turning 6) & again parents stayed.

Ok great, do you think it would be ok to take my 18 month old? He obviously wouldn't be part of the party, we would be in the baby section (and I would obviously pay for him and he wouldn't have party food) just not sure if that's ususl too? My husband will be away so DS2 would have to be with me.

Should be ok. When I did Joshua's party, a parent brought the younger sibling (she was around 18months) and it personally never bothered me. I told the mother to help herself to the food for the little girl.

We had a party at soft play last weekend for my sons 5th birthday. It was about 50/50 with parents staying and going but *most* checked before they left and a few gave me their numbers just incase.
Also, a few that did stay brought younger/older siblings (i assume they paid for them? I dont really know) but because the food was buffet i told them to help themselves, there was plenty x

At Connor's 4th birthday party (soft play), all the parents stayed. A few brought older and younger siblings too, I think they paid for them. A lot of kids didn't turn up after saying they were coming ( :growlmad: ), so I told the parents that siblings were welcome to have food and play the games if they wanted x

I was actually wondering the same thing as have a party at a soft play Friday and it's the same age group. I was expecting to stay, though hopefully will not be expected to supervise actually on the equipment as I'm like a beached whale at the moment!

I've not left him at any parties yet, although I've found out his dad regularly does and I'm not comfy with it.

In regards to younger siblings, at bens party last year I think about 4 little ones came. The first 1 took up my final spot so she didn't pay, but the mums paid for them to come in, and then I told them to join us for food etc. the only slight issue that occurred was the younger ones got upset when they got no party bag! Luckily I had a couple spare but they obviously didn't understand why they got nothing!

We did a soft play for my daughters 5th birthday as I expected the parents to stay. At that point she'd only been in school for a month and I only actually knew one of the parents so to me if would have been weird for the parents to have dropped their 4/5 year old off at the party with someone they didn't know.
Also I think that at things like soft play they actually expect there to be a deerskin number of adults per children anyway.

Iro taking your younger child-that wouldn't be an issue for me. A couple did at DD's party and they just paid for them seperatly. I didn't have any spare party bags but I didn't see anyone kick off about it when I gave then out.

It's only recently that we've started dropping Hannah off and leaving her and she's 7 in July. For preschool age I would always stay because you never know if a 3-4 year old may need you :shrug: and I'd expect others to do the same. I wouldn't have any issue with a younger sibling as well, I think most would completely understand :)

Soft play with K (she just turned seven) I stay even now as the parents can't possibly keep an eye on 15 or so children in there. Other parties it depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->