Birthday Present Inspiration Please!

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have posted this in a few areas on here because i really need help! I have a dilemma and i'm really hoping you girls will offer some sort of inspiration! I have a fabulous friend who is wonderful with my daughter, they always get amazing, thoughtful gifts that i would never think of - for her christening they got a star nemed Poppy and a map of the stars with hers marked with a real diamond(!)- well, their daughter, whom my husband i adore, is turning 2 very soon and i want to get her something thoughtful but can't think of anything! Any thoughts will be greatly GREATLY appreciated! :flower:

Thanks so much in advance :flower: xxx

wow what a lovely gift! they sound like lovely friends. the only thing i could really think of was something a girl at work told me her mum was buying her baby daughter. She is buying her a charm bracelet (too big for her to wear at the moment but something she will be able to wear when she's older) and then buying her a charm to put on it every year, or when she gets older every "big" birthday, 18, 21, etc. i thought that was really sweet.

hope it helps!

Does the birthday girl have any particular likings? Is she, for instance, the kind who likes to cuddle up and be read to? If so, consult your local Waterstones or other bookshop to see if they have any children's authors doing book signings in the near future: you could get a signed copy of a book she'll like.

Hiya Army! I hate it when you're stumped for ideas, its a crap feeling!

Harrods do a special teddy bear that comes out every year. A friend of mine buys her nephew one every year and has just bought the 2010 one for him. They're a lovely keepsake. Quite expensive for a bear but they're very cute. https://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/find/c/hol,holnew/p/000000000001960944

I have friends that have bought these for their children and they LOVE them.
https://www.identitydirect.co.uk/index1.html. They are disney books that you can get personalised, so instead of it being Cinderella, it would be the little girl's name and names of her family members and friends.

Hope you find something soon!

If you're crafty at all, you could make a keepsake for the child... something that they can keep forever like a quilt or something. :shrug: I'm usually really good with this stuff and I'm stuck at the moment... my minds other places :rofl:

Wanna-Be-Mummy: i have a harrods teddy bear from the year i was born! he is 21 years old and i treasure him dearly!!!! so i also think that would be a lovely present, but maybe im being biased lol!!! xx

Ohhh Alice, 21 years old, that is so sweet! I didn't know they had been doing them since then! The oldest stuffed toy I have is a penguin that I got when I was 6, lol, so I plan on giving that to my first! When you have your bubbs, you'll have to get a Harrods bear for them too, keep it a tradition!

Apparently they also do "My First Harrods Bear" so that might be a nice idea Army.

Hiya Army! I hate it when you're stumped for ideas, its a crap feeling!

Harrods do a special teddy bear that comes out every year. A friend of mine buys her nephew one every year and has just bought the 2010 one for him. They're a lovely keepsake. Quite expensive for a bear but they're very cute. https://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/find/c/hol,holnew/p/000000000001960944

I have friends that have bought these for their children and they LOVE them.
https://www.identitydirect.co.uk/index1.html. They are disney books that you can get personalised, so instead of it being Cinderella, it would be the little girl's name and names of her family members and friends.
Wow, those are really unique! I will have to remember that for when I'm in a dilemma :haha:

Haha, glad I could be of service! They're both on my 'favourites' for a future gift dilemma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->