• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birthing ball and other excersize

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm really keen to keep fit in this pregnancy so far not been great at it mostly due to stress at work and exhaustion! I have kept up with yoga though!

My friend gave me her old birthing ball. I was wondering if I could start sitting on it now to strengthen my core muscles
Etc? Or would that cause damage to the baby?
Any other tips? I'm on a waiting list for aqua natAl class but don't know when that will come up. I do some walking could do more to be fair.

Midwife weighted me today I've gained about 5lbs. Just want to make sure I'm fit and healthy so baba is too!

Thanks or any other home idea for excersize would be great :)

I used a birthing ball all through my first pregnancy and this pregnancy. I don't believe there is any reason why you cannot.

I also have a prenatal yoga dvd. Other than that I try to get out and walk as much as possible.

The only thing ive heard of is to not start a strenuous workout routine once pregnant. Its fine if youre body was used to it before pregnancy. But Im not sure yoga or pilates on an exercuse ball would be too much. Best is to probably check with your doctor. Happy & healthy 9 months to you! (Or well 5 more from your ticker hehe)

Thanks ladies Rach I was at the gym before I got pregnant and stopped once I found out but just keen to keep fit so will blow up my ball tonight lol

Using a birth ball is much more about improving your posture than strengthening core muscles, so it won't feel like much of a workout and I wouldn't be too worried. Regular walking will help a lot though as well swimming (you don't need a class to do that). But definitely not too early to use the birth ball. I would just use it for short periods of time at first to get used to it as it can just give you some back strain as your body adjusts to having to hold a better posture.

Thanks I blew it up today and some of my mummy friends say it's too early and could cause ore term labour? I find it's really comfortable and I just move and rotate my hips a bit

Thanks I blew it up today and some of my mummy friends say it's too early and could cause ore term labour? I find it's really comfortable and I just move and rotate my hips a bit

So I decided to ask my ob today at my appt today and he said it was perfectly fine to use.

Great :) it's so relaxing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->