Birthing ball?

xblondiex

Reaction score
Do they work and what do they actually do? Does anyone have any good exercises to help baby drop and stop me getting this awful heartburn if thats possible? X

They definitely work in that it's the only plAce I can comfortably sit now! I think there is evidence to say they encourage correct position and certainly sometimes I kneel down and drape over mine which feels very comfortable.

They do take up a lot of room though!

Do you just sit on it or do u have to bounce? Also do your knees have to be lower than your hips? X

Yea I would say they work. Have a look on you tube they show u stuff on there

Yep, both times mine has helped baby getting in to the perfect position. They're also great for achey hips and sore lower back. I also used mine after for toning.

I used an exercise ball at work as a chair in third tri last time it was the only way I could sit comfortably. It allows your hips to open and still keep your torso upright. Yes, I would get one large enough that your knees are below your hips, otherwise it's more of a squat which may not be as comfortable. I did not use it at all the day I went into labour though, couldn't imagine the pressure down below. I laboured on the toilet for hours!

I pulled in from the garden the one I used for dd. It's pretty flat at mo so i ended up getting calf cramps in night as balancing on it obviously worked those muscles. Need to try to pump it today.

Definitely was most comfy place to sit at end of third tri.

Mines a little small too everytime i fill air in it seems to go down theres no hope there though. Ill keep sitting on it see if i can get his head to drop hes already head down just want him lower lol

Oh man, I'm on the ball pretty much 80% of the time I'm awake!

Whenever I bounce my DD wants to sit on my lap and bounce too! So great for toddler entertainment too.
I think size wise if you are 5'8 or shorter they recommend 65cm ball and if taller then 75cm ball. But this doesn't take into account lower leg length which is what would determine knees / hips are higher when sitting.

Iv spent the whole night bouncing on it and hes still not dropped lol lazy baby needs to hurry up haha x

I just started using my ball yesterday, and could tell a huge difference in my bump when I woke up this morning! I go to the dr Monday, so I won't know for sure until then but I think he has finally engaged! My bump is a bit lower and feels completely different so I assume it's due to a change in his position. He has been head down since 29 weeks, with his face toward my back, so all he needed to do was engage :)

Thats great news i bet you feel relieved hope hes engaged for u :)

This might sound like a really stupid question, but is it ok to use a birthing ball at any point in pregnancy? I have one which is still in its box as I'm not sure if I'm too early too use it? I'm 27 weeks and haven't used one in previous pregnancies!

I cant see why it wud be a problem i think they are useful throughout all ur pregnancy :)

This might sound like a really stupid question, but is it ok to use a birthing ball at any point in pregnancy? I have one which is still in its box as I'm not sure if I'm too early too use it? I'm 27 weeks and haven't used one in previous pregnancies!

Of course you can!
It's not only good for getting the babe into position, but it's good for posture, back ache, and if you think about it while bouncing, you also use those inner muscles, so if you're lazy and don't do kegels- that would also work. Stretching,back work and arms work which is great to do.
But anyways, I've always wanted a physio ball, which is exactly what a birthing ball is. It's great for light exercise (and more intense afterwards!)

There very comfy to sit on!but my LO steals it and throws it around the room, i cant sit on it without her bothering me lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->