birthing buddies - link on radio 4

Bournefree

Reaction score
I listened in to women's hour on radio 4 on Wednesday and there was a piece about volunteer birth buddies. comment was provide by Beverly Beech (Chair of AIMS - association of the improvement in maternity services) and a rep from the Royal College of Midwives.

There is an excerpt of a birth with a birth buddy and there is some agreed comment about how managed/directed pushing is detrimental. Also how having an attendant that doesn't leave a women is so important to some women to making them feel safe nd improving outcomes even if they do nothing.

If you are interested here is a link:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011zn5t
(click on listen now at the top on the left, and then program is at 24mins onwards)
xxx

Thanks Bourne - that was really interesting. I'm glad both of the commentators picked up on the "coached pushing" :growlmad: Especially as I've just printed my birth plan and that's a major thing for me - no prompts or coaching :winkwink:

I need to listen To this but I do know one of the doulas that trains these birth buddies was not impressed with what she heard.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->