Birthing Music?

rayasunshine

Reaction score
Have any of you used a special playlist specifically made for your child's birth? If so what were some of the songs you used (or plan to use)?

I still listen to mine now!! I had my Hypnobirthing tracks and some general relaxation music on there plus loads of chill out or soppy music!

it was quite an eclectic mix including stuff like.....

Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
Culture Club - Victims
George Michael - Jesus to a child
Isley Brothers - Between the sheets
Kate Bush - Man with the child in his eyes
Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
Peter Gabriel - In your eyes
Michael Buble - Lost

All sort of crazy $hit!!

I think I had my Hypnobirthing music and some hippy meditating music :haha:

It would be nice though to play things that you've listened to while you're pregnant so that the baby is familiar with it - actually now I think about it I also had a baby Mozart CD that I'd listened to at work - that was very relaxing :)

I made a playlist for my birth - but as I was busy, ans my OH was too.. we forgot to put it on until the MW mentioned it (think they wanted some entertainment too), so it went on far too late, I was already zoned out, and I didn't even hear it! My advice, is put it on early.

I will be updating my playlist for this one.. but I had lots of different types of music.. rock, balards, pop, some classical - just the usual things that I like.. mostly uplifting music. So whatever floats your boat! (Hardhouse, might be a little intense though!)
xXx

Hardhouse lol! I'm not having music, especially that "relaxing" stuff - it want's me to tear my hair out without being in labour, let alone when I'm trying to relax! I'm just going to start with the telly on and some comedy (Only Fools and Horses???) It makes me giggle and should hopefully keep OH and midwives entertained for a while! x

Ive already started concocting mine :rofl: Thank god for spotify! If theres any reason for a homebirth spotify is pretty far up there :rofl:

I'm into rock/metal/alternative kind of music so I have some softer stuff like Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, Nightmare of You, Explosions in the Sky, but also some heavier stuff like Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Stone Sour, Disturbed, hellyeah, etc.

Probably not popular relaxing music choices but it's the only music I can relax to!!

xxx

Hardhouse lol! I'm not having music, especially that "relaxing" stuff - it want's me to tear my hair out without being in labour, let alone when I'm trying to relax! I'm just going to start with the telly on and some comedy (Only Fools and Horses???) It makes me giggle and should hopefully keep OH and midwives entertained for a while! x

LOL I avoided the panpipes for that reason!
Some comedy is a really good idea - nothing like a little laughter to ease any tension!
It's a shame I can't get Gold on my freeview, I love only fools and horses! "What is it del?"
"It's a baby!"
:happydance:

I've managed to download all 8 series, so got enough to go on with lol! No matter how many times I watch them, they still make me giggle, even though I know what's going to be said! x

I'm looking forward to this much more now haha!

I'm into rock/metal/alternative kind of music so I have some softer stuff like Death Cab for Cutie, Postal Service, Nightmare of You, Explosions in the Sky, but also some heavier stuff like Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Stone Sour, Disturbed, hellyeah, etc.

HAHA Linzi, I said to my OH today I would have scuzz playing whilst giving birth as i am always listening to it.

I was wondering about music, as I want something relaxing but am into more Rock/Metal xx

We're really into Stone Sour & hellyeah at the min, some of it's not too heavy :) xxx

i listened to cafe del mar during the last hours of labor & pushing... for me very relaxing chill-out music.

Nice choice!! I had some Morcheeba on mine too. :)

I've got either my plinky plonky relaxation music ready to go. Or if I'm bored out of my mind with it I have a great radio station from back home I can get online. It's all current Christian music that I love. My only fear is I'll start worshiping or something in the middle of a contraction and my midwife (who already thinks I'm a freak) will run away screaming, haahha.

This has to be my fav song ever, and thanks to you ladies, I have only rediscovered it on my daughters birth play list
Something inside so STRONG - Labi Siffre
Thank you
CXx

The OH is somewhat of a music geek, and he's been thrusting headphones over the bump ever since he read baby could hear sounds from the outside *sigh* So.. The playlist he uses (everything from Beethoven through to modern rock) will be played during the labour and the swing/chair thing we've gotten for baby has an iPod dock so it'll be used on that too.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying *insert expletive here* what is playing during the birth lol so if it makes him feel happy then it's completely his choice. Still, it will be interesting to see if it does soothe baby afterwards I guess.

I have a big mix of everything on my list. I am big on rock especially the classical stuff so a lot of it is a mix of classic rock, some modern rock and then random stuff such as a catchy pop song or one hit wonder..haha! i also have some techno and trance mixed in..

Jenniflower- I'll probably have a lot of worship music too.

Like a lot of people have mentioned I like a lot of rock and stuff that I may not find relaxing during labor so thats my dilemma. I've got some Enya, Michael Buble and Tobymac (Christian rock-ish?) on my list although I doubt the Tobymac will be very relaxing, but the baby seems to move and jump everytime I play his music so maybe that'll help hehe!

Jenniflower- I'll probably have a lot of worship music too.

Like a lot of people have mentioned I like a lot of rock and stuff that I may not find relaxing during labor so thats my dilemma. I've got some Enya, Michael Buble and Tobymac (Christian rock-ish?) on my list although I doubt the Tobymac will be very relaxing, but the baby seems to move and jump everytime I play his music so maybe that'll help hehe!

Gotta love Toby Mac, I've got some old school DC Talk I like to listen to just now.

When I was practicing my hypno in the pool earlier I also listened to my plinky plonky ocean music and realized how much I'm going to love it on the day. I could actually close my eyes and visualize that I was in the ocean.

Mine was a lot of stuff I'd listened to during my pregnancy liek Florence & The Machine, Bat for Lashes, Biffy Clyro, Calvin Harris, all totally random lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->