Birthing Music?

My selection has been all over the place thus far. Have some Bush, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Live and Enya songs.......

I'm glad I saw this thread as it reminded me to start making a playlist. How long should it be? I'm worried I won't have enough songs, but I guess at a certain point I won't really be paying attention anyway. I think it will really help me cope with contractions if I have songs playing that I focus on the lyrics.

So far my playlist is mostly songs by The National, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, Snow Patrol, Joanna Newsom, Dispatch, Arcade Fire, Blind Pilot, and Citizen Cope. The songs I chose are pretty laid back with interesting lyrics that I love to sing along to. When I was going through all my music and choosing songs I decided that "Son's Gonna Rise" by Citizen Cope is a perfectly fitting song

Rollin' down the highway
Like a rocket
Headed to town now
You can't stop it
Got wheel in my hand
As I stand
On the floor
Of the board
Of this car
On the road
Got this woman in the back seat
Yeah she's my wifey
In the middle of the delivery
Man she saves me
To this day I don't know why
She picked me up
When i was down on the road
With the wind when it blowed

Well a son's gonna rise in a mile
In a mile
In a mile
You'll be feeling fine
In a mile you will see
After me
You'll be out of the dark, yeah
You'll get your shot

my list is a right mish mash, some meaningful some songs that i just like , cyndi lauper. phil collins, alesha keys, to name a few, and then i'll do my hypno birthing too, plan n having ear phones for some cos i get distracted really easy between contractions lol

Mine is Metallica, Nickelback, Staind and Puddle of Mudd. Oh and the rainbow relaxation hypnobirthing thing too :)

Mine is Metallica, Nickelback, Staind and Puddle of Mudd. Oh and the rainbow relaxation hypnobirthing thing too :)

OMG Puddle of Mudd!! I totally forgot they existed I realy liked them!! xx

linzi loving your playlist, i gonna have a bit of sytem of a down,disturbed,soilmeatloaf etc jus loads of stuff

there will be drum n bass, acid techno and stuff like that on mine

there will be more chilled out stuff for after the birth but so many track remind me of my (misspent) youth that make me feel fantastic and alive that I can't help but think they'll help me in labour too

my OH works in the music industry and I've asked him to pull the playlists together for me, he likes that he's contributing etc too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->