Birthing pools/home water birth

RedButterfly

3 DD's ♡1 DS
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I know I'm nowhere near third tri yet but in need of some info!

I've always wanted a water birth but something has come in the way everytime! I'm looking to have another home birth so I'm looking at birthing pools.

What are the essentials needed? Obviously a pool but anything else?

I don't have a lot of room so looking at the "midi" pools.

You can rent the pool. Water baby home birth pools rent, your choice of pools, all the accessorise you need and delivery and collection for £90 they're a great small company. You also don't have to pay till 36 weeks after your home birth appt so if something comes up then you won't loose out.

You will need a liner (sometimes they are included sometimes you will have to purchase separately), a pump, a food-grade hose and fittings for your tap, a waterproof sheet or shower curtain etc to lay underneath it, a sieve/fish net.

I had a water birth at home with my last baby and just organising it all for this one. I am 37 weeks tomorrow. We did it all very last minute last time but the midwife said we should have the pool etc, ready from 37 weeks. I ordered my pool from this company and they were great last time too - should get it delivered this week..https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

I think the smaller pools are more in demand, so best to book early. We needed a tap accessory with our larger pool which we hadn't realised the first time we hired it- it was a very last minute run to b&q, so make sure you check your taps etc

You will also need a pile of old or cheap towels that you will probably throw away after, plastic covers for furniture, carpets- midwife suggested this to us for this time..https://www.diy.com/departments/bq-dust-sheet-l25m-w2m/203211_BQ.prd but it really isn't that messy- they clear everything up. Some snacks for you and the midwives - they appreciated my husband's bacon sandwiches after the birth :)

don't forget to pack a hospital bag just in-case you need to be transferred.

I just purchased a children's fishy themed inflatable pool. It worked wonderfully

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->