Bishops score change of 6 to 3?

Victoria1501

Mummy to two little girls
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:Hi I'm currently 40 weeks and have been referred for shared care at the hospital due to my last baby being 10lb from 10 weeks I have been told that I will not be allowed to go post term and will be induced within term. At my 36 weeks appointment baby weighed 6.5lb and the consultant told me i would be induced before 40 weeks and that i will receive a sweep at 38 and 39 weeks which I have had . The first sweep last Monday the midwife said my cervix wasn't particularly favourable and that my cervix was high. On Good Friday I had a home visit and the midwife said that it had lowered was soft and thinning out and that I was at 2cm she said that she could feel the babies head and my waters she gave me a bishops score of 6 and said that induction would be very favourable. Today at the hospital a consultant saw me and said that my cervix was high and thick still and that if they induced me it would end in a section (despite having two inductions previously) he ranked me a bishops score of 3 and booked me in for induction at 40+9 despite my history of two large babies previously. How can there be such a change in 4 days in such a negative way? Has anyone else ever experienced this? I just got the feeling that he just thought I wanted an earlier baby and totally disregarded my previous history . I have two preschoolers at home to look after and I am now at the point where I am struggling to go out which isn't fair on them. I was also promised from other consultants and my midwife that I would be delivered in term and wouldn't be allowed to go over . I'm so fed up!!: :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->