Bit of a morbid 'just wondering'

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
But when the Queen dies..what happens?does Charles become king straight away?and is it right that the country then goes into mourning?

told you it was morbid :haha:

Charles wil be known as king straight away but wont be a reigning sovering or be able to do most official things untill after his corenation normaly about 2-3 weeks later.
Personaly I think charles should be skipped and go straight to william but I think the queen will outlive charlrs just to spite him.:)

And yes the country technicaly goes into mourning but im not sure there are enough traditionalists left to observe it like when George died but the government will make a show of calling us a country in mourning

Can she reign until she dies??what if she lives longer than her mother?

Can he just skip it? That would make loads of sense, then the ax payers wouldn't have to pay for 2 coronations! (Charles, then Wills)

If the Queen lives longer than her mother did?she was 101 wasn't she?xx

If the Queen lives longer than her mother did?she was 101 wasn't she?xx

The queens mother was never a monarch she was just married to the king and only had a honery tittle and just bacame mother to the queen when her husband died.
The previous king george could have advecated the throne and let his daughter take over while he was alive but its not common. King edward advecated the throne because he marrief an american divorcee which everyone was againsts plus being the head of the church it didnt look good so he gave the throne up to marry and his younger brother george (queens father) got it, if he hadnt of married we would have a very different monorch line.
A momarch can be skipped if they arr dreamed unfit to rule or just dont want it then ot goes to the next in line like there child or a younger sibling if there are no children

Yeah I knew she was only Queen because she was married to the King,I was just thinking what happened if the Queen lives as long as her...that would put Charles at knocking on 80 wouldnt it?Xx

My daddy used to be a queens guard (the ones with the big silly fur hats) so I spent most of my time around windsor castle and had to learn my history ;)

Yeah I knew she was only Queen because she was married to the King,I was just thinking what happened if the Queen lives as long as her...that would put Charles at knocking on 80 wouldnt it?Xx

Then he would only get it for a short time or pass it straight over to william, the queen will never advecat to him before she dies even more so now he married camila

Didn't think Charles would become king as he's merried to Horseface? (Sorry, I mean Camilla) :)

Are they the ones that aren't allowed to smile?:haha:

Yep they arnt ment to move, I got in alot of trouble for harrasing them as a kid ;) once droped my ice cream on a guards shoe ;) but if they they think no ones looking they will move and threaten you with a bayenette up your butt :) dont ever push one, I once saw a tourist trying to and the guard stood to attention and stamped on his foot.
I also used to get told off for running up to my dad when he was on duty

I've heard lots of people say they think the crown should skip Charles and go to wills. Why? What's wrong with Charles? :shrug:

Didn't think Charles would become king as he's merried to Horseface? (Sorry, I mean Camilla) :)

Oh is this why? Is horseface a divorcee or something?

That and not even his own mother thinks he is worthy of it, william is more in touch with modern day life and him and kate are more loved and would do a better job

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->