Bit of a morbid 'just wondering'

Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall. She has never been (or never will be) Princess of Wales.
Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, was a Queen Consort (has rank but no power). Queen Elizabeth II is a Queen Regnant (Has rank AND power!)
Prince Phillip is her Prince Consort (He can never be a King, because a King outranks a Queen, but he is not a reigning monarch - merely her husband!)
The wife of a King is always a Queen, but not always called one. Camilla intends to be HRH The Princess Consort when Charles becomes King.

Camilla is The Duchess of Cornwall. She has never been (or never will be) Princess of Wales.
Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother, was a Queen Consort (has rank but no power). Queen Elizabeth II is a Queen Regnant (Has rank AND power!)
Prince Phillip is her Prince Consort (He can never be a King, because a King outranks a Queen, but he is not a reigning monarch - merely her husband!)
The wife of a King is always a Queen, but not always called one. Camilla intends to be HRH The Princess Consort when Charles becomes King.

They only have it as an honery title they arnt literaly queens its a shortened version of the queen consort title, they are just commenly known as queens.

Also camilla is princess of wales but doesnt use it,it os her legal marrird right and has been for the last 300 years.
Phillip isnt prince consort he is just a prince who is a consort as he refused the title

My daddy used to be a queens guard (the ones with the big silly fur hats) so I spent most of my time around windsor castle and had to learn my history ;)

so did my Grandpa! :thumbup:

tbh I think the country would be up in arms if Charles became king.. I think he should let it pass to Wills.

Was he coldstream guard?

Love this thread, I've learned a lot :thumbup:

I got into Tudor History a few years back. To think that back then, being involved in a thread like this would lead to us all being beheaded! :argh:

With regards to Camilla not being the princess of wales...surely as Charles is the Prince of Wales she IS entitled to use the title but chooses not too?:shrug:

With regards to Camilla not being the princess of wales...surely as Charles is the Prince of Wales she IS entitled to use the title but chooses not too?:shrug:

Yes she is technicaly princess of wales she became the 10th one when she married her title was princess charles, princess of wales but she chose not to use it (probably didnt get much say im it)

Although the queen has to hand all the titles out and I dont think she ever did it officialy, she can make them up however she wants

Imagine wills advocated to harry lol the country would rock and i would so be a royalist xx

Imagine wills advocated to harry lol the country would rock and i would so be a royalist xx

Where's the like button? :haha:

And its abdicate and not advocate, sorry to be picky but they mean completely different things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->