Bit of a morbid 'just wondering'

Didn't think Charles would become king as he's merried to Horseface? (Sorry, I mean Camilla) :)

Oh is this why? Is horseface a divorcee or something?

That and not even his own mother thinks he is worthy of it, william is more in touch with modern day life and him and kate are more loved and would do a better job

Really? Wow I didn't realise the queen felt that way about him, I never bother with stuff about the royal family - thought it was all boring. Might pay more attention I'm future!

So can the queen say she wants wills to be her successor instead? How would it work otherwise?

I obviously meant 'married' although I like the idea of getting merried :haha:
I don't know if she's a devorcee, I just didn't think old Queenie was a fan.. :shrug:

Prince andrew is apparently the queens favourite of her children.xx

Didn't think Charles would become king as he's merried to Horseface? (Sorry, I mean Camilla) :)

Oh is this why? Is horseface a divorcee or something?

That and not even his own mother thinks he is worthy of it, william is more in touch with modern day life and him and kate are more loved and would do a better job

Really? Wow I didn't realise the queen felt that way about him, I never bother with stuff about the royal family - thought it was all boring. Might pay more attention I'm future!

So can the queen say she wants wills to be her successor instead? How would it work otherwise?
No she cant pick, it has to be a case of declared insane or unfit or pressurised out of it by general public publicity amd from the state,government,church but the queen probably has her ways unofficialy:)

I don't really think Charles wants to do it...just get that feeling for some reason...The way I see it is,unless William becomes King when the Queen dies,the monarchy will always be in the dark ages..elderly monarch dies and an elderly monarch takes over..

william has stated that he is in no rush to become king anyway hes so young and want to continue his work and have aa family first which i think is fair enough why should he have to dedicate his entire life just yet when his dad is perfectly capable of doing so

Most importantly...how many bank holidays do we get when she dies?

One for her funeral and one for the coronation of who ever comes next?

Camilla is a divorcee but then so is charles. They werent married anymore when diana died. So its a bit hypocrtical to have him as head of the church isnt it?

Personally I think William should get it but if charles is still alive when she dies/steps down he has to abdicate the thrown and i dont think he would just because he seems that type to want his own way. Also i understand why William would be reluctant to be king while too young and making Kate queen, especially after what his mum went through.

I do think Will and Kate would be better though, much more in touch with the public, and generally well liked.

Prince charles would have to avdecate (sp?) the thrown for his son to become king the queen has no say in it. Though prince charles knows everyone wants william to be king instead x

Camilla would be entitled to use the title Queen Camilla then...but I don't think she would...just like she is really Camilla,Princess of Wales...but she doesn't use it because people think of Diana when they hear that title.xx

Camilla is a divorcee but then so is charles. They werent married anymore when diana died. So its a bit hypocrtical to have him as head of the church isnt it?

Personally I think William should get it but if charles is still alive when she dies/steps down he has to abdicate the thrown and i dont think he would just because he seems that type to want his own way. Also i understand why William would be reluctant to be king while too young and making Kate queen, especially after what his mum went through.

I do think Will and Kate would be better though, much more in touch with the public, and generally well liked.
Kate wouldnt be queen although they are trying to change it but I doubt they will as she isnt of royal blood.
We have never had s king and queen and I dont think we ever will

Camilla would be entitled to use the title Queen Camilla then...but I don't think she would...just like she is really Camilla,Princess of Wales...but she doesn't use it because people think of Diana when they hear that title.xx

No she wont be able to use tjat title she will be a dutchess

Catherine will become Queen alongside William won't she?surely its just like King George and Elizabeth Bowes-lyons(queen mum) she was a 'commoner' too wasn't she?xx

I think alot of people would much prefer William to become king then charles

My daddy used to be a queens guard (the ones with the big silly fur hats) so I spent most of my time around windsor castle and had to learn my history ;)

so did my Grandpa! :thumbup:

tbh I think the country would be up in arms if Charles became king.. I think he should let it pass to Wills.

Can she not decide when she wants to 'retire'?

I thought they were going to bypass Charles and give it to William instead?

Catherine will become Queen alongside William won't she?surely its just like King George and Elizabeth Bowes-lyons(queen mum) she was a 'commoner' too wasn't she?xx

Nope you dont get king and and queens together, only the running linage that becomes the reigning monarch can have the title of king or queen, their spouses are normaly dukes and dutchess, thats why the queens husband is a duke not a king you have to be corenated by the archbiship to be a soverign and only the next in line to the trone can have it when its their turn.

The queen mother was never a actual queen but she was known as the queen consort, she was only realy affectionatly known as a queen but was never literaly one.
Her official tittle I think was dutches of york, she wasnt a commoner but she wasnt from royal lines either, her father was an earl so she was kinda like Diana whos fatehr was an earl which makes me laugh why charles got so much stick for marrying the same way as his grandfather did (whch may explain why the queen mother didnt mind Diana)

She was Queen Elizabeth wasn't she?like Queen Mary who wasn't the Queen,but married to the king?:shrug: xx

Can she not decide when she wants to 'retire'?

I thought they were going to bypass Charles and give it to William instead?

Yes she can decide but she will cling on to that crown till the end :) they cant bypass charles without valid reason ie like if for instance he was declared insane, it cant just be done on a whim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->