Bit of advice and reassurance needed.

Jacks mommy

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

After some advice and reassurance really. I'm 35+6 today and my waters broke at 35+2 been in hospital being monitored since they went, Drs and midwifes have been brill.
Dr said this morning that we have waited long enough for things to start on there own, no sign of that at all! So will start induction today.
Was examined & Had a pessery (sp?) at 1330 only change 6 hrs later was some very uncomfortable, (read: painful!!!) tightening that were not dilating cervix or doing much at all. So I've now been sent back to the ward to see what happens over night. If nothing has happened by morning will try again.

Now a few things with this pregnancy have been very pants with HG from 5weeks till 30weeks and numerous other things going wrong I just feel like I've completely failed can't keep baby safe and health till she comes out and when Drs decided she needs to come out I can't even do that!
I'm worried what effect being born quite early will have on her and just generally feeling very sorry for myself!

Thanks for reading this far if you got through my rambling ranty post!

Xx

:hug:
I'm sorry you're going through this.
First of all, don't worry about baby being born early. You are only eight days away from being officially "full term". Baby might need a bit of help immediately after birth, but it's unlikely she'll have any serious problems.
If the pessary doesn't get your labour going, the doctor will probably try giving you the drugs via a drip. Worst case scenario is that the induction fails and you have to have a cesarean section. I know that sounds pretty grim, but you are safe in the hospital, and it doesn't sound as if there's any reason to believe that your baby won't arrive safely.
Hang in there. Good luck!

My second child was born at 35wks5days and she was fine. We both stayed in hospital for three days, but that was more a precaution than anything else. Her breathing was fine. She spent a day in what they called a 'hot cot' to keep her warm, and then just a normal cot like all the other babies.

It sounds like you've had a hard pregnancy, but I don't think you've failed at all with the induction :hugs: The doctors know what they're doing, and they'll just use a drip if nothing happens. I don't think that's unusual at all.

Keep strong - you and baby will be ok :hugs:

I have NO experience or advice with this, but wanted to say DO NOT be so hard on yourself! There is no way you have failed this baby- you have nourished her, kept her safe, and loved her! She is lucky to have a mom so worried about her well-being. I pray all goes well for you (and it will!) and send hugs your way.

Thank you very much for your replies ladies, feeling much more positive about things this morning! Gunna introduce this little girl to the very snowy world today! 😊 x

Hope it all went well, and that you're feeling okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->