bit silly but im a little worried

AmyandBump91

Reaction score
sorry ladies, to 99% of you this may seem stupid but my mum lost my little brother between 20 and 21 weeks and im so nervous its going to happen to me!! like i say i know how stupid it sounds but think i just need a bit of reassurance xxx

Every pregnancy is different honey. My mum had ferocious MS, I didn't experience any.

Do you know why she had a mid-term loss?

Have you been to you 20-week scan?

x

Its Not silly Lovely your always worry until you have your baby in your arms...I lost my daughter jade at birth and my other daughter Kelsea at 16 weeks but just to reassure you I have 8 children , 6boys 2 girls and expecting no9 ...All my children are fine darling and im sure your baby is just perfect too sweetheart xx

I can understand why you are worried :hugs: Have you spoken to anyone about what happened to your mum & your concerns?

no my lovely you're not being silly at all this is a sensitive time for you and things like that are bound to play on your mind and you wont feel better untill this has passed i understand that , but just because it happened to your mum and its awfull it doesnt mean it will happen to you, my gran died of breast cancer and my mum was carrying me and looking after her at the same time , im am now pregnant and my mum had breast cancer last year and shes fine she still here , so i do know what your feeling its horrible its like nightmare de ja vu thing, but dont let it consume you talk to your mum and partner about your feelings it will make you feel better getting things of your chest, history doesnt allways repeat itself, the chances of it being genetic are very very slim.:thumbup:

Not silly. Mine lost one at 22 weeks, several earlier (and one was born sleeping at term from what I've heard, but never wanted to ask). I'm going to be happier after 22 has passed.

thanks everyone, i cant talk to my mum about it as she gets to upset :( i havent had my 20 week scan yet as we have just moved so im seeing the nurse at my new doctors on tuesday and she will book my scan for me then. i feel so silly worrying but i cant help it, we dont know why she lost him, i think it was just one of those things but i cant seem to shift it out of my mind at the moment xxx

thanks everyone, i cant talk to my mum about it as she gets to upset :( i havent had my 20 week scan yet as we have just moved so im seeing the nurse at my new doctors on tuesday and she will book my scan for me then. i feel so silly worrying but i cant help it, we dont know why she lost him, i think it was just one of those things but i cant seem to shift it out of my mind at the moment xxx

Well, it wouldn't do any harm to mention it to your midwife, if only to put your mind at ease. You can also ask them to check your cervix length even abdominally.

I'm sure everything will be fine, hon. :thumbup:

I don't think you're being silly at all; something similar happened to my stepmother years ago and even now, I just cross fingers that I'll make it to the happy ending!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->