Bithing pool - weight worries?

Sam292

Reaction score
I have been researching birth pools for a while and decided to go for a birth pool in a box, either mini or regular. I showed it to my husband who pointed out that the regular weighs nearly a ton when filled!

Our house is quite old and now I'm worried that we will fall the floor on the big day. We are planning on using the dining room which is on the ground floor but still there is a possibility it wont take the weight. Has anyone had problems with this, especially anyone in an older house?

Our house was built in 1830 and we used the pool in the dining room downstairs. Yes, one ton sounds a lot, but it's about the equivalent to about 13 adults - how many people have you had round for dinner in one go (plus add on the weight of your table, chairs and everything else!!)? If you're really worried then I would get a surveyor round just to check out your joists and floorboards for you. If you've got carpet, you could get a couple of sheets of hardwood to put on top to distribute the weight over the joists a bit? x

Should have added that we had the mini size pool in a box. x

Would not like to think how much ours weighs :shock: Luckily we built the house ourselves so know how much we can put on but eeek!!

Iv got an old house but have had more than 13 adults in my dinning room before so im not worried

imagine your OH has just filled up the birthpool and while moaning through a contraction the birthpool goes crashing through the floor while you're left looking like this :shock: :rofl: ah.. probably not so funny while in the middle of labour!
Best check with your landlord or get some sort of professional in to check all beams etc are sturdy. I'm sure the majority of houses will be able to handle the weight easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->