Biting and pinching?

KalonKiki

Liam and Thea's Mommy <3
Reaction score
Help! :wacko:

Okay, so my DS pinches my skin so hard that I sometimes bruise when he nurses. Is there anyway that I can get this to stop?

Also, occasionally he bites down with his gums when he nurses. Fortunately he doesn't have any teeth yet, so it doesn't hurt too bad, but I'm really worried that he'll continue the biting when he does have teeth. Is there any way that I can get him to stop with the biting before he pops teeth?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

My girl has never just been relaxed and still while she nursed. She has always pinched me, kicks me, walks up my stomach, grabs at my nose, sticks her hands in my mouth. She use to bite with gums and now she has 6 teeth and the past few days has been biting down HARD every time I nurse. I'm ready to give up, so I am anxious to see if anyone has any advice as well.

You can either unlatch them and tell them no that hurts when they do it. Or you can pull them into the breast just for a second so they unlatch themselves and tell them no biting. Do that every time they do it. They will learn that biting = no milk. Biting happens if they aren't latched correctly.
For pinching can you have a blanket or stuffed animal for them to grab onto while they nurse? Or a necklace they can grab onto.

Yes I agree ^^^^ I had this happen with nurse my two boys as they go older. I too tried to push their nose in and said no loudly at them. They maybe tried it one more time after that, that was it. It was really affective for me.

Though I now have a new born doing the same thing, but it is because my milk comes down too fast and he is trying to stop it. So this is when I just take him off and burp him. He is now starting to get that he can come off himself instead of waiting for me.

BFing is an ongoing learning experience!!

My Son pinches me and draws blood, I started putting socks on his hands when he nurses

I bought a nursing necklace. Works wonders even now. I got the 'baby' design for her with her name on. But mummy wears it not the baby, but they also have adult designs so you could wear it out as jewellery.

https://breast-buddies.co.uk/userimages/Baby-Necklace-Designs(2465154).htm

Thanks ladies! I'll try getting something like a toy or a necklace for him to grab onto to stop the pinching, but as far as the biting goes he's only 5 months old, so I'll try the suggestions but I'm not sure that they're work or they my take a very long time if they do because I don't think that he understands the words "no" and "ouch!" and "that hurts" yet (I already say all of those things). I've already been unlatching him, but I haven't tried pushing him toward the breast yet.

Maybe you just need to work on your latch and make sure he gets a good one. If he is latched on properly he shouldn't be able to bite you. As the tongue goes over the bottom teeth. It's when they get lazy that they can bite.

I found that Thorrin would start biting when he was about to teeth. I would say stop biting and unlatch him. Wait a few seconds and allow him again. Every time he did it I would do the same thing. Unlatch him and sternly say don't bite that hurts mummy. He got the point pretty quick. At the same time it was a clue for me that he was about to get teeth each time he did it! Even though he's teething again now he doesn't seem to bite anymore thank goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->