Bjorn vs. sling?

Chel

Reaction score
I'm buying a baby carrier today as i've done some damage to myself getting the pram in and out of our apartment when there are two flights of stairs 3 weeks after a cesarean!

I was wonder who has used a sling or a baby bjorn, what did you like about them, or not like and which would you recommend getting? and if you recommend a sling, what features should I be looking for?

I can see myself using it daily as I have a very cuddly baby who's not a fan of being put downduring the day while he's awake, so I need it so I can perform simple tasks - like making myself breafast!

Also for going out for walks, so I dont go crazy at home!!!

Any suggestions would be fabulous!

I have a sling, a wrap and a baby bjorn and for us the Baby Bjorn has been the best. It's super easy to put on and the baby is always well-supported and in a good position. Also it supports your own back well, which is really important if you will be carrying the baby for long stretches of time.

But different parents and babies prefer different carriers, obviously. This is just what has worked for us.

Just remember that eventually baby will be heavy and I don't know about slings, etc, but I do know that the Bjorn type carriers get to be uncomfortable/painful when baby gets bigger! I guess just like a backpack or purse gets to be uncomfortable when it's too heavy, right?

:) good luck with your choice.. the Bjorn type and Snuglis, etc are out here and slings are in

I use out BabyBjorn loads but I have found that now Poppy is bigger, I have to counterbalance by wearing a backpack as well. x

We have the bjorn and OH will use that - When deciding he said he wouldn't have a sling which is fair enough also the grand parents used it :D I like it because they are easy to use however I found it difficult - I had still do have quite a bad bad and it killed me! Nothing to do with the carrier it was m y back ...I was gutted because it was convenient for little shop trips.

So we still have that and for this baby I also have a baba-sling! They look comfy and handy for even toddler to sit on your hips as they do and so supports you more but I've not tried it out yet :D

Ive got a bjorn and I really like it esp round the house :)

i have a freedom ring sling and its awesome shes so content when shes snuggled up in there and goes to sleep within mins

I've got a Bjorn I use for going out to walk the dogs. I've not tried it in the house. I got a wrap sling but Byron hates it so I'm sending it back! I really want a sling but dunno what I can get Byron will like. He's not so keen on the Bjorn either until he falls asleep! It's very comfortable for me.

I got the Bjorn, I got the most expensive one that there was, which wasn't the plan,but whenever my OH is included in decision making, it has to be the best of the best.

Its working really well so far, Jasper falls straight to sleep while he's in it, which is fantastic. He's been on three walks and at the moment I've got him in it because he was moody and I needed to cook dinner.

I kind of wanted a sling for the fashion side of things, but the Bjorn is heaps better I'm thinking, plus my OH usually goes for a run/walk every morning before work and this way he can take Jasper with him... as he wouldn't have been caught dead wearing a sling!!!

Thanks for the advice!

i had the baby bjorn and it was great but just incase other people are reading this thread for advice on them can i just say i found it uncomfortable due to having quite a big chest! (34g)

i found by boobs would be pushed out to the sides, so didnt look very good either!!!

im going to opt for a sling next time i think so if anyone can recommend a sling for someone with big boobies please let me know :help:

i had the baby bjorn and it was great but just incase other people are reading this thread for advice on them can i just say i found it uncomfortable due to having quite a big chest! (34g)

i found by boobs would be pushed out to the sides, so didnt look very good either!!!

im going to opt for a sling next time i think so if anyone can recommend a sling for someone with big boobies please let me know :help:

I wonder if you could've adjusted it? I'm a 34F (possible a little bigger when engorged!) and I find it fine on the boobs. I'm with you on the slings though. We bought one for 12-14 (I was a 10-12 pre-pregnancy and only my boobs are a bit bigger up top) and it was just so incredibly tight! I've just sent it back today. They don't seem to accommodate boobs at all, fitted DH perfectly!

I've got a moby sling and love it. If niamh is unsettled i put her in it and she is asleep in minutes.

I wonder if you could've adjusted it? I'm a 34F (possible a little bigger when engorged!) and I find it fine on the boobs. I'm with you on the slings though. We bought one for 12-14 (I was a 10-12 pre-pregnancy and only my boobs are a bit bigger up top) and it was just so incredibly tight! I've just sent it back today. They don't seem to accommodate boobs at all,
fitted DH perfectly!

yup tried adjusting it every which way, nothing seemed to help, im a bit top heavy aswell, was a size 12/14 when using it after baby was born. maybe it was the fact that she would snuggle up between my boobs and push them out to the sides, even now she loves to snuggle up to them!

i was thinking of getting one of the ring slings but didnt realise they done different sizes around the chests, thought they would just be one size fits all.
think ill have to do a bit of research over the ocming months...

thanks for your reply, :wave:

my boobies are massive at the moment and my ring sling is fine (also ace for public breast feedin) they are sized on peoples hight mine is for small ladys on account of me being a short arse (5'3) they come with lots of extra fabric in the 'tail' so are very adjustable

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"