Blabbing to the world! (how long did it take you?)

dooop

Reaction score
I've got this problem, because I am so excited, I end up blabbing to everybody! I just can't help it, it just slips out :(

When I was pregnant with my little boy, I think me and my partner had managed to tell everybody by the time I was 6 weeks!

This time, we've decided to wait until I am at least twelve weeks, but I just can't help it! I feel terrible but it just comes out like word vomit!

How long did it take you to blab?
Did you tell people in an unusual way?​

It was torture not telling our parents, but we held out till after our 8 week U/S. we told them with a card and pictures from the U/S. we are not telling the rest of our families till Thanksgiving where I will walk in with a shirt saying "This Thanksgiving I am eating for Two!" I will be 13 weeks at that point. TORTURE I TELL YOU!!!

I'm finding it so hard to keep quite! I wanna tell the world but I'm worried at the same time so don't want to tell people. We are going to wait until after 12 week scan on 20th November n tell the world after then.

9+5 but we had had two scans by then showing all fine.

I told my Mom and Dad about 2 hours after I got a BFP! I still had the test in my pocket and they kept asking me what was wrong as I was shell shocked! I was staying at theirs for the weekend when I took the test.
My aunty guessed when I saw her the day after that. She said 'are you pregnant because I dreamt that you were this morning' Spooky!
Apart from that I intend to keep my lips sealed until after Christmas when I have a scan. (If I can manage that! I am dying to tell people!)
My Mom keeps blabbing to her friends though!

I told my Mom and Dad about 2 hours after I got a BFP! I still had the test in my pocket and they kept asking me what was wrong as I was shell shocked! I was staying at theirs for the weekend when I took the test.
My aunty guessed when I saw her the day after that. She said 'are you pregnant because I dreamt that you were this morning' Spooky!
Apart from that I intend to keep my lips sealed until after Christmas when I have a scan. (If I can manage that! I am dying to tell people!)
My Mom keeps blabbing to her friends though!

That's so funny your aunt had a dream you were pregnant! I had the most VIVID dream I was pregnant one night, woke up early that morning, took a test and there was my BFP!!!

We have not told everyone yet! Just a few friends and my parents. We will probably tell after our scan next week... but not tell everyone until our 15 week scan or until we know the sex of the baby. Lol. It really is hard not telling anyone!

That's crazy, my Auntie (sadly no longer with us) dreamt I was pregnant last time around and kept asking my mum if I was, mum knew but we had sworn her to secrecy until 12 weeks!

I am good at keeping secrets, we have told immediate family right away but will be waiting until 12 weeks to tell other family and close friends, everyone else we will just tell when we see after that!

I told a couple of very close friends immediately, then family at 12 weeks, then a few other friends as and when we've seen them as time has gone on, but at 31+2 we still haven't told the majority of people but I have an anxiety disorder so panic about something going wrong x

I was so good last time and we didn't tell some people or fb it till 18 weeks!

this time I'm like u, it just bubbles out before I can stop it! :-s

I've told my intermediate family and DH's intermediate family and a few friends. Only because I'm a cyclist, and I wanted them to know JUST in case if something went wrong and the reason why I stopped cycling with them (bike is set up too aggressive, and it is bothersome to cycle on the road).

One person I announced my pregnancy to her was in private - I walked up to her (she was 7.5 months pregnant at the time), and said, "Hey let's have a baby bump!" and she was LAUGHING hysterically. It was the funniest announcement.

I, too, have spewed out that I'm pregnant. I cannot lie! LOL. Luckily, none of them has announced it on FB or seriously blabbed. If it has been talked around behind my back, I don't care. :)

Our official announcement will be this weekend...I CANNOT wait! My father CANNOT wait either (this baby is the FIRST grandchild that was PLANNED...if you catch my drift...lol).

DH kind of wanted to wait because his ex-SIL had 8 miscarriages over the period of 8-9 years before having a girl and it really gave the family a very hard time, so DH is super worried about it, so I can't blame him.

I don't think there's a SET of rules of when you have to announce. Two of my friends announced it when they were 5 months pregnant. One didn't announce at all until she gave birth (I don't see her, so I had no clue...she was my DH's HS Classmate). So...YMMV!

I think many women are cautious about announcing because if they have a MC, they would have to tell everyone again.

I will be 12 weeks on Saturday and only immediate family knows but I will make announcement on Thanksgiving Day I will almost be 16 weeks it's not that hard for me to keep the secret I guess it's because I'm a very private person lol... Good Luck with the remainder of your pregnancy ladies

One of my friends has just told everyone she's 7 weeks pregnant and its so hard to not message her n tell her we are gonna be bump buddies! Torture haha

I've got this problem, because I am so excited, I end up blabbing to everybody! I just can't help it, it just slips out :(

When I was pregnant with my little boy, I think me and my partner had managed to tell everybody by the time I was 6 weeks!

This time, we've decided to wait until I am at least twelve weeks, but I just can't help it! I feel terrible but it just comes out like word vomit.​

Bwaahaahaaa, this cracked me up cause I am exactly the same. I am 8 weeks and I have 'secretly' told most of my close friends and close clients at work. Ironically I haven't even told my mum yet cause I know she will tell EVERYONE worldwide. There are still a few people I don't want knowing until we are a little further along.

I've really only shared we the people I know will have positive thoughts and will pray for us.

So I learned that my entire hometown school system knows I pregnant! Both my mother and sister work in the schools there and have been showing off my U/S pic to everyone they meet! I haven't even been that bad hahaha

We just got married on 10/12/13 and conceived that week as well. Hubby has no kids and I have 3 who are almost 16, almost 14, and 12. Everyone that we loved knew we were going to try and conceive when I got the IUD out 9/30/13. And let me say everyone was asking weekly if I was pregnant!!

BUT, Before we got pregnant we said we were going to wait till after the first ultrasound to announce by sending a framed picture to close family. After our positive I said I HAVE to tell someone!! Husband said I thought we had a plan to wait. When I said I couldn't wait he was okay with that and I called my sister, dad, cousin, and two friends. Hubby and I mailed a frame that had saying of ten little fingers, ten little toes and we printed out July 2014 and put in frame and mailed to his parents (they live out of country and will get it next week).

Sooo...I officially told the people that are in my inner friend and family circle within 2 days of the positive tests----and that was before a missed period! :blush:

I figure the family we wanted to surprise with ultrasound pictures will still enjoy them if they already knew or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->