Blah, can't cook the beef!

Skywalker

Reaction score
Before I start this post I should say - the beef was well within expiration dates and stored completely properly and my fridge is very cold! And I previously had VERY strong sense of smell in my pregnancy with my son, so looking to see if anyone can relate.

I was going to make some meatloaf tonight and took the ground beef out of the package and noticed it smelled sweet. I had to pee really bad so I went to the bathroom and then when I walked back in the kitchen, the smell was overpowering. You know how when you leave a space and then come back to it you can smell whatever it smells like way better? It was like that, and it made me gag. I had two different packages of beef in a big bowl together, and I thought maybe it was the one from a few days ago that was in a ziplock baggie in the fridge that had gone off, so I took that one out to the outside garbage, but I put my face close to the remaining beef and it still smelled so sickly sweet.

Thing is, when I was pregnant with my son, I had SUPER pregnancy nose. I remember near losing my mind bc for like an hour of watching tv with my OH at the time I couldn't locate the source of an "overpowering" fruity smell, then finally my OH realized he had a pack of un-opened gum still in the cellophane in his pocket but said it couldn't be that because he put it up to his nose and was like, "Yeah, you can't even smell it!" I smelled it and I was like, "THAT is what I've been smelling!" My nose is like , only better, than a hound's when I'm pregnant, and that has extended to foods as well when I previously thought things smelled off that smelled fine to others.

So I just packaged the beef back up and put it in the fridge because I honestly can't tell if it smells off, or if it is pregnancy nose. If you've read my previous posts there's a better than great chance that I'm pregnant right now, and if I didn't think I was pregnant I probably would just assume the meat was actually bad.

But has anyone else had issues with pregnancy nose where they couldn't tell if something smelled off or really was off?

In my first pregnancy i couldt go near beef it made me want to puke. It took years before i could cook it. Just smelt off constantly so know what you mean

When I'm expecting I can't even go near the meat section in a supermarket. It makes me gag so bad!

I can never go past the seafood section i newly puked in Sainsburys once Lol! When is your AF due?

I work in a restaurant and actually threw up in a bin near where tuna was being prepared last time i was pg! I know what u mean, soubds hopeful...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->