Bleaching inserts...

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
ok i know its a bit 'non eco' but my inserts are looking decidedly grey :blush: i hate things that are meant to be white going grey!LOL

i know i read on here somewhere that someone had bleached their inserts...what kinda bleach should i use, how long should it stay on, how do i put it on ??? i dont wanna do it but it really needs doing :cry:

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Think I'll need to do some of mine at some point too. Does anybody know if you can use Vanish stain remover on nappies?

Not sure about the stain remover... but have you tried letting them dry out in the sun? Or just put them out in the sun? Its supposed to work wonders, although I can't say from personal experience as I've never had to do it yet.

My liners are dingy looking, but it doesn't bother me. :)

yeah i put them out in the sun but at the moment they would actually freeze solid:dohh: LOL i hate things greying ...... i have OCD hen it comes to stuff like that..... i'd rather throw them away if they are greying it pee's me off that much!!LOL :dohh:

I've heard the same about the sun too but haven't tried it yet... I've bleached my liners once before (I agree, non eco but I hate stains too). I filled a pail with water, splashed in a generous amount of bleach and let them soak for about 20 minutes and then rinsed them about 6 times (paranoid that there would be traces of bleach still on liners). My disclaimer is that I only did this with my homemade liners and nothing that would have been expensive to replace. I've also used Oxyclean on my inserts in the washer (I think its supposed to be an oxygen bleach)- one scoop and an extra rinse. I probably sound very ungreen for having done bleaching, but I worry that some of the discolouration is due to the diapers not getting as clean as they would if they were being washed at a higher temperature like diaper services do :shrug:

right i'm gonna do it ....:blush: naughty i know but it needs doing...........

It might be a bit ungreen, but just think of all the chlorine they use in the production of disposables- one load of inserts with a bit of bleach is still a lot less than if Daisy had been in sposies...

Aww hun, do what you gotta do. A bit of bleach isn't going to hurt anyone. If you feel really bad about it I suppose you could try using one of those "green" bleaches... but nothing to be upset about!

:hugs:

well i have some lovely WHITE inserts !!!! and i am currently stripping all of my stash !!! :happydance::thumbup:

Thanks!!! :blush: It was taken at her first birthday party. I cannot believe how fast time flies!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->