Bleed outside gestational sac

nordicpixie83

Reaction score
The last eight days have been hell . I spent 5 hrs in a&e Monday night last week, then EPPC last Tuesday , scan showed baby with HB. Wednesday a moderate bleed , another scan with HB. spotted on and off since with varying pain / cramps. Then this morning , I felt wet so quickly checked and it was red blood . Went to loo and Sat there . It dripped constantly , thought I'd better wear a pad . Sat quietly for 10 min then got up and It just kept gushing , filled pad in 10min. Went to A&E was thankfully sent to gynae after 30 min . Had a scan , amazingly there was a baby that had grown a weeks worth (so not slow or non growth ) with a heartbeat . Gestational sac was a good size . HOWEVER, I have had a significant bleed outside the gestational sac and there is blood with clots . Radiographer said it was most likely a bleed whilst the placenta was forming. It's marked as a threatened miscarriage as it means the placenta may not be attached properly (can't check at this stage!) So pregnancy may fail yet . I am very , very tender as the bleed is like a bruise in my uterus . Sooooo back to bed rest and feeling pretty depressed and hopeless . :cry::cry::cry::cry:

With bedrest everything should heal. Try to do as little as possible and fingers crossed baby makes it to full term :)

Come on over the the subchorionic hematoma group!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma-394.html

Take it easy and try to relax as much as possible. I had subchorionic hemorrhaging between 5-12 weeks and was advised to rest and that a miscarriage could still occur. We're nearly 18 weeks now with a little boy so don't give up all hope :flow:

Thank you .. it's such a worry isn't it. I've had three pregnancies with live births that had their own issues but bleeding is definitely the most terrifying xx

I had this in my first pregnancy and it was very scary...I was bleeding on and off until around 16 weeks... had to rest for 2 weeks at a time, but things turned out okay. It was also set as "threatened miscarriage" at the hopsital I believe...I remember it because those words made my world spin. My little munchkin was born at 41 weeks, stubborn little one and still is!

I had this in my first pregnancy and it was very scary...I was bleeding on and off until around 16 weeks... had to rest for 2 weeks at a time, but things turned out okay. It was also set as "threatened miscarriage" at the hopsital I believe...I remember it because those words made my world spin. My little munchkin was born at 41 weeks, stubborn little one and still is!

It's awful Isn't it . Let's face it we are conditioned thst bleeding in pregnancy is the beginning of the end. Thankfully nowadays we have these forum boards where woman can seek reassurance . I'm surprised just how many ladies have had this condition and most of them have happy endings xx :cloud9: so pleased it all turned out well for you xx

I'm here, stalking you :haha: I'm sorry you're having problems, I hope everything goes ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->