Bleeding 14 weeks after delivery

lily28

ೋ.Mama Of A Prince.ೋ
Reaction score
:cry:
I gave birth on April 25th.
My pp bleeding stopped at 10 weeks, took a little longer than usual and I thought that was it. But at July 20th I had some spotting for 3 days and now again this morning I'm bleeding again. IDK if it is lochia, period or something else. My obgyn is away on vacation, so I'm planning on asking the pediatrician about it tonight as we have an appointment for the baby.
I exclusively breastfeed btw, which makes me wonder if this is not a period , what is it...

Anyone w/ similar experience?

Wow sound horrid :hugs:
I had 9 weeks of it after my first, then (aside from a tiny bit of spotting now and then) it stopped until he started BLW and my cycle returned fairly regularly but with a short LP.
I would deffo contact your doctor just in case you have a little retained placenta causing the prolonged bleeding. Could just be AF tho, I've noticed quite a few ladies on here have cycles despite EBFing! (I'm not one of them, mines AWOL!)
Hope you gets some answers soon hun, must be miserable!

thanks hun, it is so weird and scary. Today there is nothing...
The pediatrician told me that to be a "period" it has to be a certain amount and last a few days. She believes it is just hormonal. She also said the same, that some women who ebf get their periods early.
Let's see how it goes.

Oh btw it is definitely not retained placenta, I was checked for that. I'm thinking maybe internal stitches that didn't heal properly. I had sooo many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->