bleeding 4 days before ovulation? UPDATE with a big shock!!

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
so today its been 8 days since AF finished, had a normal flow, the only thing that didnt seem normal was my tender boobs remained, and they were very painful! to the point where my sleep is disrupted as they really hurt when laying on my front and side.
This afternoon I had chronic stomach pains and bad back ache.
I then realised that I was bleeding and its only 4 days before ovulation.
this bleeding is not heavy at all and its dark and looks tacky, so nowhere near like normal af bleeding.
I just dont understand whats caused this?
iv read you can bleed leading upto ovulation but im not sure if the pain I had was normal.*

so now im thinking with this bleed is there a chance I wont ovulate or ovulate late?
never had mid cycle bleeding apart from when I had my arm implant in.

anyone else experience this? x

UPDATE....so further along in the evening my pain remained and my bleeding stopped, it literally was just abut heavier then Spotting but stopped.
ended up going to A&E that night, did a urine test came back had a infection, then a pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE and clear as day!!
so now the confusion sets in...period 8 days ago which arrived 3 days late, constant painful boobs which have remained since before even getting AF so I knew sumet was up there but just put it down to hormones.
so now im thinking could I of had a chemical pregnancy and still getting positives even after 8 days?
OR could I of miracly concieved god knows when?!?!?
doc said the pain could be from the infection and as the bleeding was only a tiny bit of brown blood that could just of been old blood.
but we are still be cautious and not getting hopes up.

just so bloody shocked!

Wow! What a whirl wind going on! Hope it's a sticky baby!! Good luck!

thanks. im ringing docs monday so they can take my blood.
not telling anyone yet till I know whata happening x

Wow that must of been so worrying but then what a shock! I've had two chemicals in the last 6 months and my line had almost disappeared just before I began bleeding and was completely gone on tests after both chemicals, everything crossed! Please let us know xxxxxx

Ringing docs Monday morning so I can get a blood test done and check hcg levels.
I'm just so confused! I thought if it was a chemical then at cd14 surely tests would be negative by then as they wouldn't of even got that high in the first place? Then to thinking of a miscarriage surely I would of had more then dark brown spotting? I'm completely clear today...no pains no cramps and no blood what so ever! Still have painful boobs at the sides.

But then I also think IF I am indeed pregnant...when on earth did I concieve :wacko:
Will keep updated x

I totally agree I've had two losses at 12 and 11 weeks and the bleeding was horrendous, with both my chemicals it was also heavier than a period and I only ever got a v faint positive which didn't darken and was gone after AF, only the blood test can tell! Gl hunni xxxx

Hey I hope it's good news for you, though I'm sorry my story won't inspire hope :(

Period was a couple days late, tested but no positives. Got period, little heavier and more painful-lasted normal length but just kept spotting afterwards. Still spotting 14 days into cycle, after consulting my friend google, I did a pregnancy test and got a positive (faint, but still clear as day), but as I tested the next day they got fainter, eventually back to negative, so was a chemical pregnancy.

I very much hope that your situation has a different outcome, good luck!!!!

Thankyou. hoping to get into docs tomorrow if not then tuesday.
sorry to hear about that, must of been very frustrating.
well when my period came it lasted normal 5 days with last day being spotting, and it was slightly lighter then normal. tenders boobs still today and I actually thought I was guna be sick in the kitchen sink as I gagged like twice after finishing my cup of tea.

I guess only time will tell, but still being cautious and not getting our hopes up too much

Wishing you lots of luck with the Doctors tomorrow :)

well had another trip to hospital today as I had bright red bleeding, abit heavier then spotting
they did my bloods and im still testing positive, my hcg was 91.
iv got to go back tuesday thursday and saturday to have more done to see if they rise.
not sure if 91 is good or not.
also got examined and my cervix is definitely closed!
doctors were just as confused as I was. they did not understand how my period finished 9 days ago so maybe it was not a period?
still being cautious and preparing ourselfs for a loss.
I thought maybe I had a chemical but they said my tests would be negative by now and I defiantly wouldnt have 91 for hcg.
I guess only time will tell now....going to be a long wait!! :(

Fingers crossed and good thoughts for you mama xxx

I'm sorry it's such a stressful time for you at the moment with very little in the way of answers and certainty.

Perhaps it was implantation bleeding? Some women do get it for a bit longer than 'usual' and for some women they appear to have periods for a few months in to pregnancy although obviously not a 'real' period!

I truly hope this is a sticky bean x

Sorry that you are going through this situation right now. Wishing you luck that your blood tests show increases in your hcg levels.

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I actually bled for 5 days and the bleeding started the same day AF was due so I just assumed that's what it was. But after it finished my boobs kept getting sorer and sorer. I tested a week after the bleeding finished and had a very strong BFP.

Also my MIL actually kept having her AF even when pregnant. It was very unusual though so she went to the doctor about it and they discovered she was 5 months pregnant!

Good luck though. Hope you get the results you want! Baby Dust!
-AussieBub

When I got pregnant with my daughter, I actually bled for 5 days and the bleeding started the same day AF was due so I just assumed that's what it was. But after it finished my boobs kept getting sorer and sorer. I tested a week after the bleeding finished and had a very strong BFP.

Also my MIL actually kept having her AF even when pregnant. It was very unusual though so she went to the doctor about it and they discovered she was 5 months pregnant!

Good luck though. Hope you get the results you want! Baby Dust!
-AussieBub

thats exactly what happend to me! Once AF finished my boobs remained sore and got worse!! very unlike me as once af comes they go away, they got that sore to the point my sleeping was awful as I cudnt ger comfortable and they felt the exact same way when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I just put it down to hormones and never even thought of the possibility of pregnancy which is why its all a massive shock.
thankyou, tuesday couldnt come quick enough. will keep updated x

Wondering how things are turning out for you Stacey??

hi. went hospital today for bloods and this afternoon got my reults.
hcg levels gone from 91 to 41 :( I was expecting it really so thats why I didnt want to get my hopes up. we are abit gutted but I guess it just wont our time, I only knew about the pregnancy for 4 days so its not like I had much time to get myseld attatched to it all.
and I prefer tha its happend now rather then later,my loss in 2009 was at 12weeks and was the most heart breaking experience I went through and I couldnt imagin going through that again.
back to hospital next tuesday to makesure levels gone down to 0 then its back to TTC.

thanks ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->