Bleeding after a c-section

Jbee_

Reaction score
My baby girl was born at 24 weeks on Monday. This is my first child, first c-section and so on.. but I'm curious about the bleeding. Is the color supposed to change after a few days? How much is too much? How long does it last? Do women that give birth naturally bleed more?

The blood does change to a brownish red after a while. I didn't bleed for too long (a week afterwards), but I think it's because I breastfeed and that's supposed to help with the bleeding. I'm assuming that women who give birth naturally bleed more.

I had an emergency c sec on the 17th March...still bleeding now and before being discharged by midwife she said expect to bleed anything up to 28 days after! I've slowed down a little but not much.

I think I was one of the unlucky ones and bled for nearly 7 weeks after mine and it fluctuated so much. Some days it was heavy and bright red, others it went brownish and looks like it was finally going to stop. No one ever seemed concerned by it so I assumed it was normal. If you're worried, speak to someone.

I think I bled quite heavily for about 5 weeks after. I remember asking my health visitor when it would ever stop, as I really was just fed up with by then lol! After that I think it only took another 7-10 days to pretty much stop.

BTW, congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl. I'm sure she is just adorable.

I bled for almost 5 weeks and most of the time it was quite heavy (huge clots, etc). I got bit of a break and then I got my first AF almost right away so it felt like 8 weeks of straight bleeding.

I had my c section on the 22/3 and my bleeding has almost gone. Just like 3rd day period but the colour is more brownish. It does increase if I do too much though.

I think I was one of the unlucky ones and bled for nearly 7 weeks after mine and it fluctuated so much. Some days it was heavy and bright red, others it went brownish and looks like it was finally going to stop. No one ever seemed concerned by it so I assumed it was normal. If you're worried, speak to someone.

Me too! I was bleeding up until last week, which was 8 weeks PP. Some days were heavier than others and it was sometime worse after BF.

I had my c section on the 21st March and still bleeding very lightly. Some days is pink some days it's brownish like the end of a period. But it was very light from about 4 days after. My midwife said that it will be heavier and redder on days where you BF a lot.

My baby girl was born at 24 weeks on Monday. This is my first child, first c-section and so on.. but I'm curious about the bleeding. Is the color supposed to change after a few days? How much is too much? How long does it last? Do women that give birth naturally bleed more?

What happened? Is your baby okay? Are you okay? As for bleeding, I bled red blood for about two or so weeks, and then it started changing to pink and then to a light sort of pink/yellowish color. I bled for weeks though. I have read that you will bleed less with a section.

My son was in the NICU for a couple of weeks after he was born, and part of me wonders if the reason I bled so much was b/c I really overdid it physically.

****TMI**** Basically, for the first two weeks, I bled so much that I was peeing blood. It was crazy. I stupidly never told my doctor, but my six week checkup was fine.

I haven't yet gotten my postpartum period, and now I'm worrying that maybe something is wrong.

Anyway, if you have any concerns, definitely let your OB know.

The blood will change. It will change colors and lighten. I bled for 9 weeks. :(

Had my section on the 12th, I'm still bleeding. For a few days there was nothing and than yesterday it started up again like gang busters. Not bright red but though like it was while I was in the hospital. Bits that tampons can't be used as I've ruined a couple pairs of undies, lol.

What happened? Is your baby okay? Are you okay? As for bleeding, I bled red blood for about two or so weeks, and then it started changing to pink and then to a light sort of pink/yellowish color. I bled for weeks though. I have read that you will bleed less with a section.

My son was in the NICU for a couple of weeks after he was born, and part of me wonders if the reason I bled so much was b/c I really overdid it physically.

****TMI**** Basically, for the first two weeks, I bled so much that I was peeing blood. It was crazy. I stupidly never told my doctor, but my six week checkup was fine.

I haven't yet gotten my postpartum period, and now I'm worrying that maybe something is wrong.

I was simply in preterm labor. I'm not sure what exactly happened, my doctors told me it wasn't my cervix and sometimes they can't explain it but I was in labor for about 15/16 hours until I started bleeding heavily. They thought the placenta was tearing off the wall but after the surgery I heard them say it wasn't that. I asked my doctor and she said I was just in labor. I had to be completely knocked out and now I've been spitting phlegm and my lungs get tired sometimes. Her name is Merly Aileen, she's doing good and will probably be in the NICU til about July when she was supposed to be due

I was simply in preterm labor. I'm not sure what exactly happened, my doctors told me it wasn't my cervix and sometimes they can't explain it but I was in labor for about 15/16 hours until I started bleeding heavily. They thought the placenta was tearing off the wall but after the surgery I heard them say it wasn't that. I asked my doctor and she said I was just in labor. I had to be completely knocked out and now I've been spitting phlegm and my lungs get tired sometimes. Her name is Merly Aileen, she's doing good and will probably be in the NICU til about July when she was supposed to be due

I'm glad that she is doing well. That's a beautiful name. :hugs: My LO was in the NICU (long story) for a couple of weeks, and it was tough. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I bled for 8wks after my 2nd C-section. I didn't actually stop bleeding until I started birth control pills. If I hadn't started those pills it may have gone on longer.

I believe I bled for about 4wks after my first C-section, but It was nearly 7yrs ago and I don't recall.

I bled for 6 weeks after my emcs and while I was bf. Really sucked!

Congrats on the baby hun and I hope she gets super strong very fast to go home with you ASAP.

I was the same, about 7/8 weeks!! again, noone really explained to me what was 'normal'. They just kept asking 'how is your flow today??' and my answer every time was 'ok i guess' noone seemed bothered to check or ask how many pads i was getting through etc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->